When it comes to securing your business from burglars, the first step is closing places where burglars seek opportunity for theft. Usually, the burglars try to find out those locations where there can quickly break open for stealing. Therefore, the more secure is a business premise, the harder it becomes or burglars to steal things. The appearance of a business influences the burglars strongly. Businesses should try to take appropriate measures for the prevention of burglary.
Before you think of securing your business from burglars, it is necessary to keep the following aspects in mind.
- Do you store cash or other valuables inside the business premises?
- Do you keep minimum cash in your store's safe and deposit the rest in the bank account?
- Do you have an update of the inventory for storing the valuables?
- Do you have high-risk items in the store? The more is the value of the stored items, the greater is the risk of burglary.
You should try to think of ways to prevent burglary based on these aspects.
Here are four tips to make your business more secure.
1. Strengthen your interior lighting
Burglars are more likely to attack your business premises when it is dark. Therefore, you should pay attention to interior and exterior lighting. The following are the things you need to do to strengthen your interior lighting.
- You should pay attention to all those entry points that are more favorable for intruders and make sure that there is adequate lighting in all those places.
- It is necessary to ensure that the lighting fixtures in the interior are in perfect working order.
- To make the lights last longer and to make them more durable, it is necessary to choose products that are more durable and replace those bulbs that are damaged or burned out.
- Try to store valuable merchandising items from those areas where they may be easily visible, and your aim should be to remove them from places where the intruders can smash and grab the items easily.
2. Locking the burglar out and distribution of keys
Using a robust lock can keep away the burglars. The lock should be such that it should be convenient for operation and not easy for burglars to break open, and require a knob or key to set it properly. The concept of the lock should be to frustrate the burglars. Besides, you can also install bars on the rear door as it is a popular point for burglars to enter your premises. You can place bars over skylights, windows, and other openings.
As far as key distribution is concerned, you have to inform your employees to return all the keys of the business premises before leaving the store. However, it is necessary to have one master key for the store for opening the interior and the exterior doors. Furthermore, having code keys is a good idea as only the employees should know which keys are necessary for opening the doors.
3. Using alarm on the premises
If you want to learn more about preventing break-ins at your business, installing an alarm can help. Using a burglar alarm system on the business premises can help in preventing or stopping a burglary. Using a modern alarm system is more effective, which can send a signal to the station that monitors the events and sends guards on receiving the signal. Similarly, the burglar alarm system is also available for the protection of safes and vaults.
4. Changing the glass and putting safes near the front
Burglars can find different ways to enter a store, but you should also cook up ways to obstruct their movements. One of the ways that prevent burglars from entering your business premises is by changing the glass structures. Using glass free from tampering or a laminated variety can make it difficult for burglars to smash and grab. Furthermore, you should try to store the safes in the front portion, contrary to the thoughts that you should store it in the front portion. Moreover, you can also bolt them to the building for greater security and viewing the activities from outside.
The closing thoughts
The four steps above can indeed help in the prevention of burglaries, but common sense needs to prevail for protecting the business premises. You can also get help from experts to implement the latest technology for the prevention of burglary.