Each and every organization, irrespective of its geographical location, size and type of industry it belongs to, needs to promote its brand of business. This is only possible by making its products and/or services to be easily accessible to wider audience reach. Introduction of high speed net has made it possible to use different types of gadgets to reach prospective customers all over the world. Thus, customers can now locate the online store quite easily and start shopping immediately.
Need for SEO Campaign
With hundreds of websites being leached by of similar types of businesses across the globe, there is simply no point in wasting money on fancy sites, only to find out that it does not feature on Google search engine’s first page. It is here that SEO tends to play a crucial role. With proper SEO efforts, the target audience will be able to find the business easily on the virtual world and among the crowd. With higher search rank, the online business can enjoy more traffic, which will convert into more sales and revenue. But when launching SEO for the business site, there is unfortunately no ‘one size will fit all’ strategy. Instead, it is necessary to first evaluate the specific requirements of the business and to plan accordingly.
Tips to promote e-commerce site with SEO
- Avoid duplicate content: Google punishes sites promoting duplicate contents. The objective here is to provide visitors with original and valuable information and contents. Hence, the product description tags and contents in the site are to be original. Also avoid copy-paste of manufacturer’s product description. Each product description needs to be search engine friendly and unique.
- Using effective keywords: Identify appropriate keywords that are exclusive to the online store and invest precious money and time. While carrying out keyword search, users are becoming specific with regards to their seeking information. Hence, the keywords used for the ecommerce site should not be too generic. Otherwise, visitors will not be able to find the site.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): It is an important tool. But it will not be wise to depend upon it entirely to promote the ecommerce site to get greater search engine visibility. Few customers are noticed to not trust sponsored banners, links and ads. Organic SEO should be encouraged side by side to improve site visibility.
- Strengthen content strategy: The eCommerce portal is to be added regularly with high quality, unique contents. This will improve search engine ranking as well as provide users with great value. Blogs having rich and relevant contents should be promoted.
- Image optimization: ALT tags are to be used liberally on the sites. These days, image search function is gaining immense popularity among people interested to find products of choice. Hence, ecommerce SEO strategy is to use relevant keywords for every image ALT tags on the site. But avoid overstuffing of keywords and each one used needs to be relevant directly.
Contacting the professional ecommerce SEO company can help to know more as to how to create a successful ecommerce portal.