Cannabidiol, alias CBD oil, is part of the 100+ cannabinoids that completes the cannabis Sativa (marijuana plant). It is extracted and isolated from the other cannabinoids to be solely used and later diluted with either olive oil or coconut oil since it is soluble in oil. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol, THC, it doesn't have the psychoactive effect, meaning you can't get "high" from consuming it. Having all this in mind, we ought to ask ourselves, what are the benefits of CBD oil? Like any other natural remedy, CBD oil is loaded with a couple of benefits that are clinically proven and this is enough reason for you to get yourself CBD Goodie Bags. Let's look at the six main ones;
1. Remedy for Epilepsy
CBD oil has been recommended by doctors and experts all over the world to help reduce the severity of seizure, mostly of children and young adults who are patients of epilepsy. It is more effective or recommended for those patients who do not respond to normal drugs. The exact name for the oil used in this case is Epidolex and is known to respond to a patient experiencing Lennox-Gastant syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome.
2. Pain Relief
People experiencing chronic pain are advised to use CBD oil. There are proven benefits of CBD oil for pain, including the fact that it directly impacts the body's receptors (CB1 and CB2). These are the receptors that the pain pathways and core for the immune system and are responsible for regulating pain and inflammation. The oil works as an anti-inflammatory agent that reduces pain in the joints and swollen areas. It is great news for people suffering from arthritis since it solves their hustle of getting the best painkillers.
There are numerous benefits of CBD oil for anxiety. It affects the serotonin receptor (5HT) 1a and also CB1 and CB2. Alternating how these receptors operate changes the effects of anxiety towards a patient. The reduction of stress improves symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Some situations might have been diagnosed at a later stage when it has grown into a state of depression. Specialists are yet to confirm if a patent can use CBD oil for depression.
4. Better Heart Health
There is a lot still being investigated in the CBD oil science, but one research implies that it reduces high blood pressure, particularly in all users. It has a possible effect in reducing the risk of heart attacks, stroke, and metabolic syndrome since the body is at a state of good fluid flow.
Well, we are all aware of the noise that is there at night, particularly in the cities or better off when the silence is too much that it freaks you out, and you can barely catch sleep. Some people prefer using CBD oil for sleep, both to fall asleep or stay awake if they have errands to run up late. Health issues can cause insomnia that affects the normal sleeping schedule. It can be treated with CBD oil to get that relaxing mood.
6. Cancer Treatment Boost
Are you aware that some patients use CBD oil for cancer? We all know of maybe some of us have seen what chemotherapy does to cancer fighters, not to mention the impact of the pharmaceutical medications. It usually leaves the victim drained out and weakened. This remedy can help with the pain and nausea caused by cancer treatment. It makes it conducive for the patient and also helps gain the confidence of the battle altogether.
Benefits that are Yet to be Confirmed
There are a couple of ongoing researches done by experts to broaden the use of CBD oil. Some of the benefits yet to be confirmed include;
● Reducing the symptoms of neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson's, ALS, and Alzheimer's. The earlier stages were very positive but more studies are required.
● Reducing multiple sclerosis symptoms.
● It has been considered as a potential tool for preventing psychosis and reducing symptoms of schizophrenia though there is a lack of evidence yet.
● Increasing appetite and treating nausea - THC is a known and approved remedy for nausea and vomiting in humans. There still isn't enough evidence that you can take that direction of treatment in the use of CBD oil for humans.
● Curing acne-acne is a form of inflammation in the skin and CBD is known to target inflammation in the body. Suggestions have been made that it is more effective when directly applied to the affected area.
● Treating substance use disorder. The oil might help break the dependency of painkillers used whenever there's need to.
● Quitting smoking-helps reduces the urge of nicotine; thus, eventually, one will quit smoking.
● Improve bone health.
● Reduce the risk of diabetes-some people consume CBD oil for weight loss purposes, which can be linked to lower BMI, less obesity, and a lower likelihood of acquiring diabetes.
● Other researchers are underway to explore the possibility of using CBD oil for autism.
Possible Side Effects
Not everyone's body will be compatible with the use of any drug. Cases of dry mouths, diarrhea, drowsiness, changes in appetite, and nausea have been reported to be the reactions after consumption of CBD oil.
Best Ways to Take CBD Oil
Wit much mentioned about the benefits and side effects, how are we going to experience all these without knowing how to use CBD oil in the first place? It is presented in different forms that suit every particular need one might want to use it for. These numerous presentations include;
- Tinctures – it's stored in a tiny glass bottle inclusive of a dropper to assist with the dosing.
- Vaping is specifically for the ones who are used to vape. The CBD e-liquid is substituted for the regular e-liquid for fast and direct consumption.
- Edibles – it is easily blended in gummies, brownies, or even lollipops. They take time for the content to be absorbed because they first have to be digested.
- Smoking – there's a possibility of smoking a flower with low contents of THC and high CBD though it isn't advisable because the risk is not worth it.
- Patches – they are applied directly to the affected area and make absorption fast.
Conclusion: Every little bit of product review should be put into consideration whenever attempting to consume it. This is very critical since it is something that affects us directly, whether positively or negatively. Considering all the odds, have you tried out CBD oil? If yes, how was your personal experience? If not, why would you want to use it? How would you want to use to also? Leave a comment below.
Author’s Bio: Richard Browny is a professional pharmacist and researcher of the uses and benefits of CBD oil. He has, at some point, prescribed a couple of patients to use it in different ways according to their different situations. During his free time, you'll find him cycling at the local trail.