What is a DIY CNC?
A DIY CNC router or also called as do it yourself computer numeral control router which works similarly as human-operated or handheld routers which is use in enormous amount in today's world by the industries and companies in cutting several materials including steel, aluminum, wood, composites, plastics, and foam. A CNC router works with the help of computer numerical control that gives directions to the machines to function.
A DIY CNC router is used by several industries and companies because the productivity is much higher than handheld routers and the waste produced by this is also very less, the time taken by this router is much less than that of handheld routers.
7 best DIY CNC routers in 2020:
- BobsCNC E3 Router
- MYSWEETY CNC 1610
- MYSWEETY CNC 3018-PRO
- Genmitsu CNC 3018
- BobsCNC E4 Router
- CNC Piranha FX
- CNC Piranha FL
- BobsCNC E3 Router: The number one in our top seven list is BobsCNC E3 Router. It is a laser-cut DIY CNC router. The BobsCNC E3 is an inexpensive kit that works well with wooden and plastics objects. This E3 DIY CNC kit is very easy to assemble and also very light in weight around 26 pounds. The laser-cut wood makes the kit a bit unstable while cutting. The cutting volume of BobsCNC E3 router is 16 x 18 x 3.3 inches and dimensions are 27 x 32 x 27 inches. It uses an alternating current source(ac).
- MYSWEETY CNC 1610: One of the cheapest routers available in the market is MYSWEETY CNC 1610. This mini CNC is one of the most popular DIY CNC routers. It works the best with light materials such as plastics, wood, PVC, acrylic, and many such products. The CNC 1610 is a stable product and also has a very simple shape. The router is made up of aluminum and has a dimension of 14.5 x 9 x 7 inches. The machine weighs up to 10.9 pounds and also works on alternating current source(ac).
- MYSWEETY CNC 3018-PRO: The mini CNC is the upgraded version on CNC 3018. This is one of the best machines for beginners to understand the basics of CNC machines. The design of this machine is the same as that of Sainsmart Genmitsu 3018. The machine is made up of aluminum and phenolic resin. It has a dimension of 17.8 x 9.6 x 7 in and the weight of the machine is 16.22 pounds. It is a hand-operated machine which means no current is required and batteries too.
- Genmitsu CNC 3018: It is also one of the cheapest CNC machines available in the market with a dimension of 330 x 400 x 240 and a working area of 300 x 180 x 45. The machine is made up of wood, plastics, PCB, and aluminum. The Genmitsu CNC 3018 runs on Arduino. The machine is capable of cutting for soft materials such as wood, plastic, acrylic, PVC, PCB.
The assembly of this machine is very simple, and the instructions are also provided.
- BobsCNC E4 Router: The BobsCNC E4 is one of the best mini CNC products, to begin with. The cutting area of the machine is 610mm x 610mm x 85mm and the dimensions are 762mm x 945mm x 480mm. It is made up of a rigid laser-cut frames. It has a Nema 17 stepper motor. It can be used to cut hard plastics and wood. It resembles mostly with BobsCNC E3. The unit accompanies a DeWalt DW660 switch. It is intended to utilize GRBL firmware on the Arduino Uno.
- CNC Piranha FX: The product is a bit pricey. But the way it works on the project lives up the price. The machine comes with preassembled which makes it one of the best for customers. The dimension of the Piranha FX is 23 x 16 x 16 inches and the work area of 12 x 18 inches. It can easily cut every material a customer wants to. The 3D carving capability of the product is also amazing. The machine uses VCarve Desktop V9 Design Software which comfortably works with every computer easily.
- CNC Piranha XL: It is one of the premium products available in the markets. The United States is the place where its hardware is being made. The dimension of the product is 19.5 x 30.5 x 24 inches and the working area of the product is 12 x 24 x 4 inches. The kit also comes pre-assembled from the manufacturer only. The machine has an intuitive touch controller and does not require a computer connection, but one Con of the product is that it is not compatible with macOS.