Dangerous goods containers are a requirement have for each company that must store hypothetically hazardous goods. These are accustomed safely store a large range of dangerous chemicals, liquids and powders at a workplace or construction site. they're almost just like standard shipping containers but go along with some added safety features with an additional level of technology and expertise to confirm the protection of workers and also the general public.
All hazardous goods supplied through dangerous goods containers got to be classified, labeled, packaged, stored and transported in compliance with Australian Hazardous Goods Regulations.
Features of Dangerous Goods Containers
If you would like to store or move dangerous goods, you wish to try to it safely. Dangerous goods containers are designed specifically to make sure that it doesn't adversely affect the user, the business or the situation. Below mentioned are few special features aside from normal features found in such shipping containers.
- Floor: they are available with fully welded galvanized steel flooring with safety drain valve. floor cover is completed with special non-spark industrial mesh that's compatible with a good range of hazardous goods.
- Bund: they need front steel bund wall that reduces cleaning time and costs.
- Access: They feature full side and double doors for simple transport of products. End door locking bars get easily activated for means of transport and storage defiance.
- Safety: They are available with internal door fire escape and lockable valve tap.
- Ventilation: For ventilation and air circulation, they need grills at floor and ceiling level.
- Vents: They're fully painted premium grade containers with weatherproof vents as compared to normal shipping containers.
Classification of Certified Dangerous Goods Containers
All dangerous goods containers got to be certified from relevant Australian Standards, in order that you'll safely transport and store a variety of hazardous goods. they are available in following categories for better understanding of what sort of goods they will carry.
Class 1 Dangerous Goods Container – These are wont to store and transport Explosive Materials. they're not usually shipped by air.
Class 2 Dangerous Goods Container – These are used for Flammable gases, toxic gases and gases that are neither flammable nor toxic, like helium and oxygen.
Class 3 Dangerous Goods Container – They store and transport Liquids or mixture of liquids that give off flammable vapors at specific temperatures.
Class 4 Dangerous Goods Container – They're used for Flammable Solids that are likely to emit flammable gases if they are available in touch with water.
Class 5 Dangerous Goods Container – They cover agents that react with oxygen like Oxidising Agents and Organic Peroxides.
Class 6 Dangerous Goods Container – They include Toxic Substances like cyanide, arsenic, vaccines and pathology specimens.
Class 7 Dangerous Goods Container – They cover Radioactive Materials that have a selected activity greater than 70 kilobecquerels per kilogram.
Class 8 Dangerous Goods Container – They're used for Corrosive liquids and solids which will cause severe damage when in touch with living tissue.
Class 9 Dangerous Goods Container- They store and transport miscellaneous dangerous goods. They cover any substance which will pose a danger during air transportation that isn’t covered by other classes. This includes items with anesthetic properties, solid solid , asbestos, life rafts and chain saws.
General Benefits of Dangerous Goods Containers
- Fast Transportation at low cost: Dangerous good containers record all the products that they contain for straightforward shipment to the destination, as whole information about the products is already written on the surface of the container that creates customs task a simple one. it's economically beneficial for both the sender and therefore the receiver.
- A secure means of transport with low energy consumption: Dangerous goods containers provide great protection to the products , because once sealed, they protect the products against inclemency , temperature variations, fire, theft and impacts during handling. It thus reduces the risks of degradation and loss.
- A versatile, flexible means of transport: Dangerous goods containers are highly versatile, as they will be wont to carry a good range of hazardous goods starting from flammable gases, liquids, toxic substances, radioactive goods, and lots of more.
So, to conclude, we will say that so as to hold dangerous goods safely, certain rules and regulations got to be followed religiously to stop any unwanted incident from happening, putting other people’s life in danger. Dangerous items are often carried safely when appropriate containers and measures are used and followed with utmost caution.