A mezzanine floor is a middle floor located among the focal floors of a building, and thus usually, it is not counted amongst the general floors within a building.
Mezzanine flooring structures, otherwise known as raised storage areas, are considered a perfect storage space method without shifting to bigger premises. However, that doesn't mean that they aren't portable. If you intend to relocate in the future, you can easily take the mezzanine floors to the new warehouse as they offer movability.
The rack supported mezzanine flooring system is compatible with every industrial purpose as they comprise extra shelving and storage space at the shelves beneath it. The mezzanine floor solutions can be used with the pallet racking system to extend the warehouse's storage capacity. The main benefit of using the two methods together is that they are affordable and won't cost big cash.
If you have roof space available in the warehouse that you intend to utilize, you should consider the mezzanine floor construction as a unique way of adding more space. Additionally, you can easily manage the goods by using the method.
Requirements for installation of mezzanine floors
There are no strict requirements that need to be followed for the installation of the mezzanine floor system.
It requires premises that contain empty overhead space along with high ceilings. The reason for it is that such space allows the system to extend above, and the racks can be easily installed.
The mezzanine floors are ideal for staff rooms, offices, platforms, and storage purposes. However, they are the most beneficial for companies who intend to use them to increase storage capacity.
Application of Mezzanine floors
For industrial purposes, you can buy pallet rack mezzanine. The mezzanine floor system is a semi-permanent mechanism installed inside buildings, and it is constructed among two permanent stories. The structures are free-standing and can easily be relocated and dismantled.
It is made with fiberglass, aluminum, and steel. The most beneficial application of the mezzanine floors is seen concerning industrial operations like warehousing. Such facilities have a higher ceiling, which allows the vacant space to be utilized entirely inside the vertical cube.
When used with mezzanine floors, the pallet racking system allows for more manageable and efficient management of the storage space goods. It saves time and effort involved in the process of going through all the available goods.
Benefits of Mezzanine floor system
- The first benefit of the floor system is that you don't have to relocate with it. It increases the storage capacity of the warehouse by efficiently utilizing the vacant roof space.
- You won't have to install additional utilities like heating and air conditioning. Since the utilities would only have to be connected once and the entire warehouse can use it
- Another benefit of the mezzanine floors is portability. You can easily dismantle them and shift them to new premises if required.
- The Three-tier mezzanine floor system, combined with the pallet racking system, provides a cost-efficient and safe workplace.
- The complete system would guarantee a safe and more productive work environment