As summer sets in Calgary, we're sure to be sweating it out some times in the upcoming monthsWhile we aren't known for our palm trees and tropical sandy beaches, the temperatures may soar, so homes are frequently hit with a hefty power bill as a result of the air conditioning.
Opening a window and Oscillating fans do not make much of a difference, so the AC has to work overtime. Because air conditioning is a major electricity guzzler, it can significantly increase the monthly energy cost.
Whether you have a split system, packaged central AC, or a portable air conditioner system, here are some summer cooling ideas to keep your house pleasant without losing your shirt!
If you install a central air conditioning system in your house, be sure it is suitable for the purpose. The air conditioning unit capacity in British Thermal Units (BTUs) is measured. This is the heat necessary to increase the water temperature by one degree Fahrenheit (0.56 degrees Celsius) by one pound (0,45 kilograms).
While the cheaper buying lesser BTU units might be a false economy. If you don't have enough power to chill your room(s), it works overtime and smears more electricity than needed. Most importantly, Lloyd offers great variation in their models. Read Lloyd AC Review to find the most suitable air conditioner model for you.
Oversized units waste upfront expenses, waste power expenditures and may raise repair costs. They pump out more cool air than necessary and continually shut off and switch back on, resulting in decreased efficiency and perhaps premature wear on your unit.
buy zenegra generic buy zenegra online no prescription
Measure the size of the rooms you want to cool and note their aspect (is it north- or south-facing?). This will help you save money on your air conditioning cost. Then, consult with an air conditioning professional to determine the size of units required for sufficient cooling.
A basic split air conditioner for a small room could have a BTU rating of 10,000. Larger rooms will have units ranging from 12,000 to 14,000 BTU, with a 60,000 BTU central system.
You can utilize the following as a guideline for rooms with normal eight-foot ceilings (note that sunny rooms with inadequate insulation or heat-producing appliances will require extra cooling):
● 14,000 BTU for 500 sq. ft.
● 13,000 BTU for 450 sq. ft.
● 12,000 BTU for 400 sq. ft.
● 10,000 BTU for sq. ft.
● 8,000 BTU for 200 sq. ft.
In addition to the BTU rating, your system will have an EER rating. The Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) is a measure of how efficient a system is at (the BTU rating over its wattage).
This figure should be as high as feasible (at least 10 or 11 as a starting point), but the greater the EER, the higher the price will be in general.
Portable air conditioners are used in certain Calgary residences. After all, we typically only get a few months of hotter weather here, so these units can be stored for most of the year.
The above-mentioned BTU standards follow the same size principles. Make sure the unit you pick is large enough to chill the entire room (s).
Split AC systems
● It's critical to locate the compressor/condenser (the portion of the unit that discharges warm air from your house) in a shaded location with lots of space surrounding it outside your home.
● All shrubs and plants must be removed in order for the device to function correctly. The inside-the-room evaporator component of the unit should be situated as centrally as feasible in the room to be cooled.
Portable Air Conditioners
● The hot air must be vented from the hose (or hoses). They are frequently plugged in near a window. Most versions have a window kit for venting the heated air outside. Ensure that no drapes or furniture are blocking the cooled air.
● It is not only the units themselves that require proper placement. Also, ensure that your thermostat is mounted on the correct wall.
● If you put your thermostat against a hot window, the room will look hotter than it is. Your AC will be forced to run more frequently than necessary, increasing your power cost.
Finally, a word on air conditioner upkeep. You should get your air conditioning system cleaned at least once a year, preferably in the spring before the hot weather begins.
Filters will need to be cleaned. A thorough service is recommended. If you want to be extra cautious, replace your filters once a month while the system is running. Fortunately, Panasonic brand's models don't require high maintenance. Therefore, you should read Panasonic AC Review to find the most suitable model for you.
Good system maintenance may help you keep your power expenses under control while also extending the life of your system.