What is a diabetic foot ulcer?
First of all, before moving further it's important to know what a diabetic foot ulcer is. A diabetic foot ulcer is an open sore or we can say a wound that occurs on the lower leg of the foot. Researchers observed that patients having diabetes are at higher risk of suffering from foot ulcers. Due to diabetes, it becomes difficult for the body to heal the ulcer. Consider the below-given points. These points are responsible for developing a foot ulcer:
● Result of poor circulation.
● Due to the nerve damage caused by blood glucose levels.
● Walking barefoot.
● Poorly fitted footwear.
● Uncontrolled Diabetes.
● Being Overweight.
● Ill-fitting footwear.
Symptoms of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Healing diabetic foot ulcers at the right time is very necessary. Your little ignorance can turn into a severe infection that is difficult to heal. So below given are some of the symptoms that happen in diabetic foot ulcers
1. You will feel that your foot becomes red, warm, and swollen.
2. Lack of feeling in the foot.
3. You will feel drained in your feet. Drainage is a type of fluid that is yellow, brown, or red.
4. Irritation in feet.
If you are facing any symptoms, then don't get late just do the preventive measures that prevent your wound from getting worse. You can also contact a healthcare professional. Your healthcare professional will identify the seriousness of your ulcer. Your healthcare professional will look into the situation and suggest faster healing options. It will help you in healing diabetic foot ulcers effectively.
Products that work in Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
A diabetic foot ulcer is a serious problem. Healing diabetic foot ulcers is very important. So don't worry below given are some of the products that help treat diabetic foot ulcers effectively. These products help your ulcer heal faster and ultimately lead to wound closure.
● You can cover your wound with dressings that contain silver or sulfadiazine cream.
● You can apply medical honey in ointment or gel form.
● You can take D'oxyva. This is the best choice to speed up your diabetic wound healing.
So, use the products and heal your ulcer at the right time and in the right place. This prevents your ulcer from becoming worse and from leading to amputation.
Prevention of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Do you know ignoring a diabetic foot ulcer can also lead to amputation? So, it’s really important to take proper care of your foot. Proper care heals the ulcer effectively. Below given are some of the points that tell you how to take care of your feet properly. So look out at these points and follow to heal your ulcer fastly.
● Inspect your feet every day: You should check your feet every day for cuts, swelling, red spots, blisters, etc. Wash your feet every day and moisturize after wash. Moisturizing helps keep your skin soft and smooth. Also, you can use a mirror to check the bottom of your feet.
● Keep your blood sugar levels in check: Diabetes is a disease associated when there is high blood in sugar. If your blood sugar is not controlled, then you are at a much higher risk of having a wound infection. That’s why it is necessary to keep your blood sugars in check. Moreover, you can refer to a healthcare professional. He will take care of all your health problems.
● Keep your ulcer clean and bandaged: Proper cleaning of ulcers is necessary. An appropriate dressing will protect your ulcer. It will not cause any dirt to the ulcer. Moreover, it also reduces the pressure on your wound.
● Ensure that you wear proper socks and shoes: Healing diabetic foot ulcer is not easy. You have to take proper attention. If you want to prevent your foot injury, then never walk barefoot. Ensure that you wear comfortable shoes that are well fitted. Always, check your shoes for stone or rock that can hurt you.
● Trim your nails effectively: You should trim your toenails regularly to prevent your wound from getting worse. Avoid high pointed nails because it will direct;y cause harm to your feet
● Don't Smoke: Do you know smoking directly affects your blood circulation? Yes, it is true smoking does great harm. The nicotine present in cigarettes damages your blood vessels. Damaged blood vessels directly increase the risk of having an infection.
So, follow these measures and heal your wound as fast as possible. The faster your wound will heal, the less the chances of infection are.