Tube bending devices, usually known as tubing benders, are available in various kinds. Primarily, they operate electro mechanically. This is due to the most advanced technological advancements because of which these devices are capable of expediting production and increasing repeatability. Additionally, they are decreasing the number of flaws in production through every scale. Read on to find more.
Main parts of a tube bending machine
- Bend Die: The bend die, additionally recognized as the radius die or the bend form, remains the most significant part when it comes to rotary-draw tubing benders. The tube locks to the arch die, plus the drawing method produces the required arch. The choice of the die remains essential because the tube’s inner radius is based on it.
- Clamp Die: When it comes to the clamp die, it holds the device onto the arch die. Its principal purpose signifies to stop the tube from sliding.
- Pressure Die: The pressure die makes certain the tube supports the bend die’s shape.
- Wiper Die: A wiper die points only after the arch die. The idea is to evade the development of any bumps on the inner radius. During the making process, the substance turns synthetic throughout bending. It might also result in folds with large dents. Therefore, joining a wiper die only after the bend die serves to level the surface.
- Mandrel: In bending aluminum and steel tubes, a mandrel remains necessary concerning more complex jobs. Rounding thin tubes, a small radius, or more solid materials can end up producing an unsatisfactory result. In those situations, a mandrel can turn out to be handy. The mandrel’s goal is holding the pipe from collapsing.
Different Tube Bending Machines
There are various kinds of pipe benders to pick from when it comes to bending tubes. Pipe and tubing benders come in varying forms. The selection of a bending method proceeds forward to the expected material, bending radii, etc. Find some of the best machines for bending pipes.
1. Rotary Draw Bending Machine
When it comes to tubing benders, this is the most common type. Primarily, the machine administrator tightens the pipe or tube on the device with the help of a clamp die. Furthermore, the bend die begins turning throughout its axis. At the very moment, the stationary weight die makes certain that the tube supports the radius of the bend die.
Adding a wiper die and mandrel is a chance to obtain a more reliable result. This is just needed with more complex jobs though, where dents are not permitted. For instance, a tube containing a large width and a little wall thickness requires more support. Being a highly precise and programmable device, these pipe benders allow the manufacturing of composite parts in groups.
Applications: frames, handrails, handles, automotive roll cages, etc.
2. Roll Bending Machine
These pipe benders are additionally recognized as 3-roll benders. Same as sheet metal roll benders, these machines are generally used for obtaining large radii curves. The two lower rollers possess a secured position. The higher roller’s length is flexible. Slowly, with the back-and-forth action within the rollers, the pipe turns until achieving the optimal outcome. This kind of bending helps you achieve an outstanding result, creating a little dent within the cross-section.
Applications: coils of tubes, long bends including a large radius.
3. Ram Bending Machine
Also identified as a press bender, these pipe benders are probably the most manageable tube benders on the market. Primarily, the fixed dies are installed above the work base. The gap between the dies controls the height of the curve and the twisting angle.
The bending span is based on the extent of the ram. While everything remains in position, the ram advances against the tube. As the outer wall concerning the pipe is backed with the dies, the ram can efficiently conduct the metal forming. Moreover, ram bending is particularly proper if the dent concerning the cross-section is not a problem. As there remains no inner support, a tube ends with an oblong cross-section.
Applications: easy bends where efficiency and consistent cross-section are not that significant.
4. Vector Tube Bending Machine
This forming device for tubing benders remains paramount when it comes to high-quality outcomes. The principle remains related to rotary draw arch formation. A tube forms throughout a rotating draw, therefore, it is extremely well-defined. Although the automated feeding method makes it additionally very quick. These devices are proper when it comes to bending high strength alloys.
Applications: automotive and aerospace industry.
5. Orbital Head Bending Machine
Normally used with self-regulation and computer switches, they allow turning the collets and heads around the pipes and tubes. This increases productivity and efficiency. Furthermore, in these kinds of pipe benders, automated offloading and feeding are available.
Applications: automotive, air conditioning, and other intricate parts.
6. Induction Bending Machine
With these machines for pipe benders, a layout is formed with the help of a die. Near the bending position, there exists an induction coil. Therefore, the metal warms up. Implementing the strength to a heated workpiece enables energy-efficient bending. Also, this is an exact process that does not need mandrels. Similarly, a broad variety of pipe dimensions fit the very machine plus a comprehensive assortment of arch angles is possible.
Applications: short-radius bends, bulky industrial structural parts, thick-walled parts, heating system parts, etc
What is CNC bending?
These days, the maximum of the tubing benders exclusively require human support, not constant supervision. This is feasible due to the CNC bending machines. The term CNC means Computer Numerically Controlled. It signifies a term commonly applied in production to represent tubing benders and other machines that operate by programming software to complete their operations. Traditional CNC machines incorporate drills, lathes, and additional machining accessories.
The operator manages the programming software to support the data concerning the service or operations needed. Then the computer performs those services automatically. CNC enabled tubing benders normally use a mixture of presses plus rollers to supervise the pipes and channels throughout the method. In common, CNC bending signifies bending performed more productive and effective by utilizing automation.