Many individuals are looking for ways to archive their emails from Outlook for Mac and access them later. However, they need to learn how to perform the process or know where the emails are stored. The archiving and accessing process becomes essential to help save space and get that mail data back when required.
Read this article to learn more about email archiving on Outlook 2011 and 2016 for Mac and get a surprise at the end. We will explore the best software present in the industry today to back up and store your OLM files in accessible formats, such as PST. Read on to know more.
Are you looking to declutter your mailbox and make room for more data? Email archiving can help you with it. It is the process of relocating your emails from one location or folder to another. The process is generally carried out to eliminate unnecessary and junk emails. However, many companies do this to secure data and avoid legal infringement due to privacy breaches.
If you’re using Outlook on your device, then email archiving is surely for you, as it helps you to improve its performance and have a cleaner and more organized mailbox.
What? Do you know how archiving works and how to perform it on Mac Outlook 2011 and 2016? Well, worry not! This article will help you learn how to archive emails in Mac Outlook 2011 and 2016 easily and provide you with an amazing tool that will solve most of your problems.
You might face problems with Outlook 2011 while archiving your files to OLM format, as you need to do it manually. But if you are using Outlook 2016 or newer versions, you will be provided with a one-click archive feature that will help you move all your mail data to the archive folder.
Archiving files in Outlook 2016 and 2011 are quite different. However, we have mentioned both of them below. Continue reading to know them.
To Archive your emails on Outlook 2016 for Mac in OLM format, follow the below steps.
- Launch Outlook 2016 for Mac on your system.
- Select "Tools" from the menu bar.
- Now select "Export" to create an archive in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- Now select the items you want to export (you may choose particular folders too).
- Select "Continue".
- Select the target folder for saving your files.
- Click on "Save".
- Click the Finish button once the exporting procedure has been completed.
After completing the process, navigate to the target folder where the files are stored. Double-click on the archive OLM files to open them. Voila! You are all done.
To Archive your emails on Outlook 2011 for Mac in OLM format, follow the below steps.
- On your Mac, launch Outlook 2011.
- Go to File from the top menu and click Export to Archive Email in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- The Export dialog box will then show up.
- Create an archive in Outlook 2011 by choosing Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm) as the file format.
- Now choose the objects you wish to archive, such as emails, tasks, contacts, notes, etc.
- Click on the right arrow to proceed.
- Select "No" when prompted to select "Delete After Exporting".
- Choose the folder or destination location where you want to save the OLM archive file.
- Click "Save".
- Click "Done".
After completing the process, check the files you saved in the destination folder.
You can archive messages regardless of how Outlook for Mac has set up your email account. All email accounts, including Outlook.com, Microsoft 365, Hotmail, Google, and Microsoft Exchange 2016 or later, include the archiving feature. Follow the given steps to archive Outlook emails manually on Mac.
- Launch Outlook 2011.
- Select "Outlook" from the menu bar.
- Now select "Preferences."
- Click on "General".
- Uncheck the checkbox with "Hide on My Computer folders."
- Close General settings.
- Now the "On My Computer" tab will be accessible
- Now, press Fn (function) and click on "My Computer," and choose "New Folder" from the prompt window.
- You can name this folder.
- Open the folder you want to archive.
- Select the items using the "Shift" or the "Command" tab.
- Now, drag and drop items to the archive folder you have created.
- Now your mail data is copied to the local archive folder.
With this process, you can archive any number of emails, and you will be able to clean your mailbox. Moreover, now you can access your mail data easily and also drag and drop this data back to your mail client.
Email messages are moved to the "Archive" folder when they are archived, and all is done. With just one click, you may remove all the mail from your inbox without erasing it.
Use the Backspace key as a shortcut to open the Archive folder.
- Select the emails you want to archive in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- To select multiple emails at once, press the Shift or Command key.
- Choose the emails, and under "Home," click "Archive."
- The selected items will be archived in the selected archive location.
- You may also build an archive folder if you still need to build a folder for archiving your files.
- The folder will be called All Mail if you are archiving messages from Gmail. The folder is called Archive for all other email accounts.
If you are using Outlook 2016 for Mac or newer versions, you can click “See more items” and select “Customize Toolbar” to make the Archive option visible.
- Pick an Archive item from the list of alternatives, then drag it to your toolbar to add it as an option.
- Next, select Done.
- Now you may use the One-Click Archiving functionality in Outlook for Mac 2016 or later to archive emails.
Archiving mails on OLM to PST format is quite cumbersome. This is where you require the help of professional tools. This is where Stellar Converter for OLM comes into picture. The converter is undoubtedly one of the best available tools if you want to convert your OLM files into other accessible formats. This process will be easy and without any fear of losing your data. Download Stellar Converter for OLMtoday and easily complete your tasks involving OLM conversion.
Archiving your mail data will undoubtedly improve the performance of Outlook and keep your mailbox free of clutter. Moreover, you will be able to access your emails easily, saving a lot of time. Other than that, your mail is saved locally on your system, which is secure and easy-to-access. However, the whole conversion process is time taking. This is where we recommend you use Stellar Converter for OLM. The converter is user-friendly and brimming with features. Download it today and enjoy the benefits of using professional software.