For most of us popping a pill for every health problem seems to be the most convenient and effectual solution. There are many individuals anxious about the talks, shreds of evidence, and information in cyberspace regarding the side-effects of consuming high-dosage of medicines. So, for our wellness concerned readers who wish to give the pill a miss, Ayurveda comes to your rescue. Ayurveda is a science of healing containing the wisdom of herbs and treatments from the classical source of Chakrata Samhita and Sushruta Samhita. It employs remedies that are easily available in your healing kitchen, safe, cost-effective and potent like any other.
Read the home remedies for 5 common health problems for speedy recovery.
1. Cold & Cough, Flu: With the winters, come the inevitable cold, cough and flu. With constant sneezing, running nose, red eyes, you feel drained out wishing for a respite. Ayurveda remedies can help you get the much-needed relief from cold and cough in a way that is long-lasting.
● For a bad cold, prepare a mixture of lemon, honey and cinnamon and consume it on a daily basis for results. Lemon is a source of vitamin C that reduces phlegm and strengthens body’s natural defenses. Honey is a natural immune booster and soothes the itchy throat.
● Drink a cup of hot milk with turmeric. This elixir is anti-inflammatory and warm in nature that heals the cold and flu.
2. Sinus Congestion: Common cold can triggers sinus congestion which is again debilitating and can be harmful to the health if not treated timely and effectively.
● Drink tea containing ingredients like ginger, apple cider and cayenne pepper. These substances are natural and have anti-inflammatory properties that help clear nasal passage and symptoms.
● Steam Inhalation: For sinus relief, take steam. Warm and steamy vapors help loosen mucus and clear the blocked passages. You can add peppermint oil or eucalyptus for added benefits. Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala treats sinus with herbal steams.
3. Arthritis: The season of difficulty is here for the patients of arthritis. This painful condition worsens during the cold days of winter. Read the points for arthritis relief:
● Nirgundi is a well-known herb that reduces swelling and pain in the joints. It possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsive and anti-oxidant properties that heal the joints. Use this herb in the form of paste or oil for relief. It is a highly used herb of Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis in Kerala.
● Sniff fragrances for relief. You can sniff aromas like lavender or Ayurveda kitchen spices such as peppermint to soothe the stress level. With lower cortisol production, you feel relaxed and less aware of the pain.
4. High Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a common and serious health condition. Many suffer from this problem which seems to be valid in today’s scenario. The Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala for high blood pressure includes the following:
● Perform yoga postures and pranayama daily to keep stress in control, one of the leading causes of high BP. The yogic movements and deep breathing also help in maintaining optimal blood flow within the body.
● Eat fruits and herbs like lemon, honey, grapes, celery, cayenne pepper having properties beneficial for treating hypertension according to the Ayurveda.
5. Menstrual Pain: As women, we know how painful and dreadful menstrual cramps can be every month. Therefore, given below are some easy home remedies to adopt for instant relief.
● Drink chamomile tea. Tea lovers will love this home remedy. Chamomile has pain-relieving properties that ease menstrual cramps.
● Place a hot water bottle or electric heating pads on your abdomen to get instant relief from the pain. Yoga postures decrease prostaglandins that help to reduce cramps.
This time adopt a natural approach to treating common health problems. Embrace health and wellness without worrying about side-effects.