Starting a mentoring process can help us to face in the best possible way a process of professional or personal transformation, in addition to having the presence of a person (the mentor), dedicated to achieve success in our work and personal life.
The stages or inflection points that a mentoring process can solve.
1) Crisis stage: it can happen when our work or company is threatened. When our love life, couple or marriages are weakened and this happens to affect the workplace.
2) Transition stage: it occurs when we begin our professional life and we begin to work for a company. It is common to go through this stage when we receive that job offer that forces us to decide between a safe job and another that might not be. Another similar case is when we decided to start that safe and stable job to start a business of their own.
3) Stage of affirmation: it happens when we feel completely sure of the choices we have made in life and the desire to be independent increases. At this stage we decided to start a future on our own that is usually reflected in starting a path of our own coinciding with a moment of maturity in our lives.
The mentoring gets advice on each of these life stages covering personal and corporate life of a person.
In the case of most people, these stages of life tend to be linked to professional life. Moments of personal crisis can be reflected in our corporate life. Problems in the office are usually taken home generating family crisis.
Benefits of mentoring in people
Let's see now some of the main benefits of starting a mentoring process:
Get the practical experience of the mentor:
There is much about a person's experience that can be obtained by reading books but it is known that most authors do not feel comfortable revealing everything about themselves in their books.
One of the main benefits of mentoring is getting the practical experience of the mentor. Knowing these details can be the difference between the success and failure of an inexperienced entrepreneur.
It is easier to achieve success with a mentor:
There are many entrepreneurs who throughout recent and past history have admitted that having a mentor has been very important to their success.
Our chances of success in life and in business can be expanded by having the right mentor like Brian Paes Braga. Brian Paes-Braga serves as the President, Chief Executive Officer & Director at Lithium X Energy Corp.
The connections that a mentor can generate are valuable. Timely advice, assertive feedback, along with the ethical orientation and motivation of the mentor, will allow us to overcome difficult moments and achieve the success of a personal or business transformation project.
- Mentoring usually appears in our lives when we feel a strong desire to learn from more young people; or also when we have less professional or business experience and we look for support in someone who has already gone through that stage.
- Mentoring continues in our lives when we are older or more experienced we feel that strong desire to pass on our knowledge and experience to future generations and to embark on our own independent path.