Paint is not a frequently done job in our houses, offices, etc., and it is a long-term deal with your building. Ceiling paints are formulated to be used on ceilings that cover all the edges and conceal imperfections. They are considered to be basic and matte in texture to provide finishing. Choosing the best ceiling paint is important because it adds attraction to the ceiling.
Looking at the wooden boards or plain drywalls could be unsightly. Along with that, the drywall can be damaged. Ceiling paints provide protection, and it adds thickness to the ceiling which hides the imperfections making vision pleasant and avoids the damage.
COMMON PROBLEMS OF CEILING PAINTS:
Many best type of ceiling paints, particularly those marketed and labeled as paint for your ceiling, are not very well made. They are not good products because:
· They are too thin.
· They do not cover well.
· The sheen is weird.
· It shows lap marks.
· A lot of times, it splatters everywhere.
BEST QUALITY CEILING PAINT:
Making ceilings look amazing is a serious job. Ceilings present some unique challenges. They provide a big, wide visible surface area that needs care while painting. Though ceilings are the least reachable place in a room, there is less probability of getting stains on them; but you cannot hide them with a strategically placed picture frame if there is some damage because of the low-quality ceiling paint.
Thick ceiling paint is the best ceiling paint. If it is too runny, when you start cutting in the ceiling, the paint will start running down the bristles into the heel of the brush, which is impossible to avoid because you are holding your brush vertically.
If the paints thin, it will get quickly all over the metal part of the brush and your hands that is very annoying.
Nice and thick ceiling paints are easier to work with, and it is easy to keep your brush clean, and it is a better time.
A good ceiling paint should cover about any ceiling that is previously painted white in two coats.
If you are going over new drywall, you should be doing a coat of primer and then two topcoats.
Many of these thinner ceiling paints take coat after coat, which does not seem ever to cover. That is super annoying.
There is no way to avoid a little bit of splatter because as you roll, the roller is spinning, and you are going over the top of yourself, so any little flecks that zip off the roller are going to hit the ground and all the good stuff that you have.
There is no paint that is not going to fleck when you roll it, but just some of the amount of splatter is ungodly. Good ceiling paints have reasonable splatter.
Ceiling paints with high viscosity are preferred to reduce the dripping. Ceiling paints tend to have a larger ratio of solids, which helps with stain coverage and makes it easier to apply overhead.
Flat ceiling paint is most desirable in homes. A true dead flat ceiling paint absorbs light and hides imperfections in the ceilings giving a nice soft finish.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT COLOR FOR THE CEILINGS OF YOUR ROOM:
Different colors add different feels. We have various options available today, but choosing the right colors is a promising job because once you paint, the impact will be for a longer duration. You are not going to select the colors every month or year. So choose wisely.
WHITES AND OFF WHITES:
· White is the most common and natural choice for ceilings because it makes the ceiling appear taller and makes the room look larger.
· For decades’ whites and off-whites are the safest choices. Specifically, to cover the stains and add brightness to the room, whites are considered the best choice.
· The white color reflects more light. White ceiling paint works best for rooms that have less share of natural light.
· If the room is already filled with bright colors in decors, furniture, etc., white will blend well with the rest of the room.
· White color enhances the room and create sophisticated charm and simplicity.
DARK CEILING PAINTS:
· Dark ceiling paints are often used to add attraction and to make it more warm and cozy.
· To give a bold atmosphere to your rooms, and for adding contrast, bold colors are best.
LIGHT CEILING PAINTS:
· Light ceiling paints are used to add a low contrast look and enhance the room with simplicity.
· The subtle tone changes with the light ceiling paints.
Choosing the right ceiling paint is a very important job because it enhances the whole outlook of the room. A wide variety of paints are available in the market but knowing the right qualities for your ceiling paint is important. Higher viscosity decreases dripping. Good ceiling paints are thick and have good coverage. Good quality ceiling paints make the painting process a lot easier.