However, if you want to start an event booking or event tickets selling-business from your WordPress website, all you need is to download & install the event registration plugin. There are lots of event booking plugins in the WordPress directory. But not all event manager plugin comes with complete functionality.
After doing deep online researches on event management plugin, based on customer reviews and functionality, I found one event management plugin i.e. WooCommerce Event Manager that comes with complete functionality.
WooCommerce Event Registration Plugin Features & Functionality
This all in one event booking plugin, you can create almost any type of booking system using this plugin. Here are the lists of features that come with free version of this plugin-
- Support, adding multiple events featured images.
- Support many popular payment methods via WooCommerce.
- Responsive, SEO & developers-friendly (Highly customizable)
- Provides flexibility of adding event description, event name, event start date, and end date.
- Synchronize google map with the event location
- The functionality of adding event ticket category and price.
- The option of adding event extra facility and prices.
- Multilingual Translation Support to any language.
- It comes with multiple events templates.
- Cross-browser support.
Though the free version of this plugin will make your work done, but you can also buy a premium version of the WooCommerce event manager plugin- if you need any advanced features. Here are the features of the premium Event Manager:
- Attendee registration form to collect attendee information while the registered for an event.
- PDF event tickets downloading and emailing features
- View & export event attendees list into CSV format
Support Add-on Features for More Advanced Functionality
The company that develops this event registration plugin also develops multiple addons for using it with the plugin. The addons are not free, but the price is much cheaper in terms of its functionality. Here are the list addons and its functionality.
- QR Code Addon- By installing this addon the event management system will automatically print QR code on PDF tickets. However, by scanning the event tickets, the ticket checker can check-in the attendee.
- Backend Ticket Booking Addons- by installing this addon you can easily book an event ticket from the backend/admin panel
- Calendar Addons – By installing this addon you can easily show events image into an awesome calendar.
- Event Duplicator Addon- This addon will allow you to duplicate any existing events. No times wasted for creating similar events.
Why Should You Use WordPress For Event Booking Business?
There are lots of benefits of using WordPress Website. Firstly, WordPress is open source and highly customizable. You can do almost anything using WordPress website such as customization, adding new functionality, installing multiple plugins on a single WordPress website, etc. Currently, about 30% self-hosted website uses WordPress and its popularity is increasing day by day.
I personally communicate with the developer team and ask them- why this plugin support only WordPress powered website? The answer was simply mind-blowing – they said: “WordPress is highly customizable, developer-friendly and allows 3rd party software company/developer to contribute other their platform”. If you use a plugin on the WordPress website, you can easily customize it according to your needs.
Though there are many event registration plugins in the market, but according to my perspective, I found “WooCommerce Event Manager” simply the best event registration/booking plugin. The price of the premium version of this plugin is comparatively cheaper than any other event registration plugin. This plugin has all the necessary features that an event management plugin should have.