Your website is one of your most important online business where you can do make money and fame. It is very important that you take the proper security actions to protect your websites from different online threats. Because a protected and good website provide a proper environment for your audience and increase the trust in your website.
Here are 7 best security and maintenance practices that you can start implementing to keep safe your website from online threats. Just follow these points which I am explaining about website maintenance services.
6 Best Security Practice To Safeguard Website
1. Use strong password.- The first thing on this list is to enforce and use a strong and secure password for the user on your website. A strong password consists of both lowercase and uppercase letters, special characters, and numbers. Consider using an online password manager to help you generate and store very secure passwords for your websites.
Avoiding reuse of the same password in your different websites. Because it makes easy for any hackers to gain access to your profile, business, and your website also.
2. Install SSL Certificate.- An SSL Certificate will add a good green padlock to your website browser ‘s address bar and encrypt the data that is transmitted to your business website. On top of protecting sensitive information for your audience, an SSL certificate also help you avoid warnings from about websites which are unsafe and also has a negative impact on your search engine optimization.
3. Use your secure host- Make your website more secure by using a secure host company which is available online. Make sure that your hosting company offers many different security measures such as SSL certificates, remote backup, network monitoring, DDoS protection, and a firewall. The hosting company’s security protocols will serve as an important line of defense against different cyber attacks. So choose it carefully.
You can find a lot more info about hosting deals on quora.com
4. Install a web application firewall.- Install a web application firewall to add another higher layer of protection to your business websites. You can use a plugin called “sucuri” to add their premium firewall functionality to your websites for business.This will help quickly block different hackers, add preventions and DDoS mitigations, and prevent zero-day exploits on your business website.
5. Regularly scan your site for malware.- Don’t forget to scan your business websites from different malware and viruses regularly. You can easily scan your sites for blacklists, malware, errors, and viruses at any given time using different security features in your dashboard. The security check is available online with free of cost but you can also upgrade to a paid plan to enable to it daily and weekly checkups.
6 Backup your sites.- Having a backup of your business websites is important in case the worst happens. A backup allows you to get your website up and running as early as possible if an update has gone wrong or if your business website was hacked. Start by activating the backup feature in your website and have your site backed up twice in a month. The backup feature also allows you to immediately restore your website with a single click.
7. Software Update: Most of the website powered by
WordPress. Approx 30% of the website is made by WordPress cms. Keep updating
your WordPress plugin and cms to protect your website from Malware and viruses.
Recently thousands of website got hacked who has an older version of WordPress plugin “Social Warfare”
These are the major security measures I have mentioned, apart from these there are lots of other factors which you have to take care to safeguard your website.