It gets a bit irritating whenever your system works slowly in this busy world. Go through this blog carefully to know about some top methods for clearing out old memory and boost the present RAM in a Windows system which is working slow.
Some of the primary reasons behind the slow working of your system
- Plenty of applications starting automatically in Windows
- The presence of viruses in your system can affect its performance
Follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, do a right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Then, press on Task Manager.
- After that, press Processes tab.
- Next, do sorting of the processes by Memory.
- Then, have a look at the programs that are mentioned over there on the above and the one which you won’t be able to identify.
- After that, try to find any of the apps that are creating the issue.
- Then, if you get any, then visit the Control Panel.
- Next, press on Programs and Features.
- Lastly, remove the issue creating applications by uninstalling them from your system.
Remove the startup programs
- Firstly, go to the Task Manager.
- Then, press the Startup tap.
- After that, prefer sorting list with Startup impact field.
- Then, look for unnecessary applications.
- After that, do a right click on the application.
- Lastly, press on Disable option.
Clear pagefile on shutdown
- Firstly, press on the start menu.
- Then, write a Regedit.
- After that, press Regedit run order.
- Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.
- Then, do a double click on the ClearPageFileAtShutdown option. It shall be towards the right.
- After that, put 1 in the Value Data location.
- Lastly, note that from next time onwards whenever you may restart your system, the file shall be clear.
Look for Device Driver problems
- Firstly, go to the Control Panel.
- Then, do double click on the Device Manager.
- After that, pull every branch present in the Device Manager.
- Next, search for a yellow exclamation symbol. This is a type of notification for letting you know about the driver problem.
- If you get to view that notification, do a right click on the device.
- Lastly, press on Update driver.
The method of disabling Windows visual effects
- Firstly, go to File Explorer.
- Then, do a right click on This PC.
- After that, press Properties.
- Press Advanced system settings.
- Next, press on the Performance part.
- Press on the Settings button.
- Then, click on the Performance Options window.
- Lastly, press on Adjust for best performance.
Davis Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.