If there is one section among apps that has seen an unprecedented rise in the number of users in India, it has to be the short video category. This category was almost dormant till 2016 when Musically burst the scene. After seeing the boom, apps like TikTok and Likee started flooding the Indian app market, establishing a monopoly. TikTok became synonymous to Short videos as Android is to App development. It just grew so huge that the entire competition was thrown out of competition.
But since the coronavirus outbreak and the high tensions between Indian and Chinese army at LAC, Anti-China sentiments are at an all-time high. The last straw was the banning of 59+ Apps by the Indian government on the suspicion of data security, including TikTok and UC Browser.
With TikTok out of Indian market, Indian companies have a good chance to capitalize on the opportunity. Many apps have been launched in the market like Chingari, Mitron, Roposo, and Changa.
Download The Changa App - India-based free short video app
In this article, we are going to talk about Changa and how you can start posting videos on it.
What is Changa?
Changa is an India-based free short video app that has been launched recently on the Play Store. It is designed for people to showcase their innovative videos inline with our theme of light humor. Changa provides an easy and seamless interface for users to create, edit, and share their videos, and at the same time browse through a library of top videos across the globe.
It has got a decent amount of downloads and can be a good alternative to TikTok. On the play store, it has got more than 500000 downloads within 1–2 weeks of release and has a rating of 4.1 given by the 500 users.
The User interface of the app is quite similar to TikTok, so you won’t find it difficult to use. Along with this, you have the option to share videos, WhatsApp statuses, and much more stuff.
The app has a size of 18 MB and it is compatible with devices having Android version 5.0 or greater.
It has been developed by a company known as BITCS. This company is new compared to others and this is their first published app. The company is more known for providing good developers for backend and other software.
Difference between Changa and TikTok
After reading this, you must be thinking- What’s the difference between the two? They’re both the same. But that’s not the case. The points where both differ are mentioned below.
1. Indian app – The first major difference is that the app is completely made by an Indian company, as suggested by its name. This is also one way of helping the nation in becoming self-reliant. This also ensures that the revenue generated by the app is not going outside India.
2. Data Security – The biggest problem faced by the users when dealing with Chinese apps is the threat to data. Since the data is equivalent to gold these days, it needs to be protected. With it being an Indian app, there is no risk of data security. The data is not sent to any third-party and it follows all the guidelines given by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
3. User Interface – The user interface of the app is very fluid and feels nice to use.
Now that we have covered the differences and basics, let us move to the main process.
How to Install Changa on your phone?
To install the app, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to Google Play Store
2. Search Changa on the search bar
3. Click on the install button
4. Your app is installed
If you have already installed the app and want to create a video, then follow these steps.
1. Open the app on your phone
2. At the bottom of the screen, there would be a camera button
3. Grant the permissions it asks as per your understanding
4. Press the recording button and your video will be recorded
5. To save the video, click on save button
6. To post the video, click on post button
To wrap this up, Changa is a great app which has come out as a great alternative to TikTok. It is getting a lot of love from its users and gaining popularity day by day. The steps to help you in any doubt regarding video making have been mentioned. Hope this helps you.