EMS are nowadays valuable business partners that provide maintenance and support of the products manufactured and sold by their partner-companies.
Because electronics industry is growing rapidly and developing fast, EMS start to play a significant role in many industries and organizations in the world.
Types of services provided by contract EMS
Electronics contract manufacturing services differ depending on a supplier. Any EMS partner may have from one to all of the services in their offer:
- PCB assembly: in the process of building tiny circuit board parts, their faults and defects are not known till they are tested by EMS who will offer complete functional internal testing services (For more information, see: https://asselems.com/en/pcb-assembly).
- Cable assembly: in case of this type of assembly, the welding process is done by hand and your contractor should have proper certification in order to conduct it.
- Electromechanical assembly: apart from providing services like box builds, EMS can also propose customized packaging, functional testing, management of configuration, modelling in 3-D digital representation, potting or testing for heat shrink use.
- Testing: when receiving electronic products delivery, EMS partner wants to get value for money- functional, appropriately assembled and thoroughly tested products. Not meeting this demand can disrupt their supply chain.
- Prototyping: PCB prototyping involves an array of services from product durability through inspection of product characteristics or design fault checks to watching over your budget (is the product commercially viable?).
Aftermarket services: repairing, refurbishing, calibration or upgrading.
Although most individuals might not pay attention, maintaining a television set is necessary. Doing so helps to retain brand-new lustre, and increases functionality to a great extent. Now plenty of tips are considered beneficial, such as using a surge protector or voltage stabilizer so that power fluctuations do not adversely impact the said appliance, avoiding excessively low temperatures, which create condensation. Thus, damage vital parts lying inside, etc. For details, please check out below-mentioned pointers.
No matter how technologically adept a person is, when operating television, reading the manual might prevent irreversible consequences. Instructions provided assure complete product usage along with zero minor issues.
Range of services provided by contract EMS:
While most services provide standard and common help, others specialize in solving rare and niche problems. An aerospace and defence company, for example, may require special certification that a delivery company does not. Medical, military, transport or security companies are particularly sensitive about class and quality of materials used in the process of product manufacturing. Some EMS may simply require to print basic components in large volume; others have more complex and inventive solutions in their offer and provide them in smaller volumes. They may also support quite a few stages of supply chain.
Many EMS provide customized services. A customer may place a value-added order starting from a basic, less complex product like a circuit board, through extended services e.g. assembly work, wires or box builds to inspections, checks, testing or programming.
At every stage of product development the EMS should provide documentation and meet regulatory approval.
Besides implementing maintenance tips specified above, consumers must also always purchase from an authentic shop. In case of a restricted budget, they could also rent television on a temporary basis.
Applications of EMS:
EMS have application in a wide range of industries and organizations, from government agencies like aerospace and defence, through consumer electronics (smartphones, PCs, tablets, camcorders) robotics, electronic components (transistors, inductors, microchips, diodes, semiconductors) to medical services which require digital solutions.
As EMS often turn into long-lasting business partners for OEMs, they try to provide top-quality services for an ongoing business cooperation and mutual success.