A blended learning is a type of a learning approach that contributes towards providing education to the learners by combining two important things
- Online learning materials.
- Along with traditional place-based classroom methods.
In simpler words, one can say that blended learning serves the purpose of both online and in-college learning methodologies. With blended learning, students get the opportunity to learn from a teacher face-to-face along with online learning materials that can be accessed and learned from at the learner’s own ease and pace and of course some control over time. Some of the best sources for free online courses with certificate of completion are also available that talk about blending learning too. According to a survey, it has been found out that 59% of the teachers have reported their students to have shown great or more interest toward blended learning. With that, 70% of the students themselves claimed that they tend to learn more better in a blended learning environment.
What is blended learning offering?
Along with a traditional classroom experience, blended learning also consist several digital learning formats like
- Providing students with PDF documents, e-books and other guides.
- Through videos and podcasts.
- Introducing different puzzles and case studies and more
Advantages of blended learning:
As mentioned earlier, a blended learning is a combination of the best approaches of both online and face-to-face learning. So let us mention some of the advantages of blended learning which makes this platform a feasible solution for a learner to study.
- Blended learning gives the opportunity of flexible timings that can be personalized to each student. This would help a learner to control his time table according to his needs thereby not having an effect on his other activities.
- This platform offers learners the ability to learn whatever they want to at their own pace. It will totally depend on the learner regarding how he wishes to proceed with the learning.
- This way of teaching is less expensive which makes it really affordable for mediocre learners as well.
- It covers all type of learning styles that is the one that is covered in a traditional classroom and also the one that is covered via electronic learning.
- With blended learning, a learner is provided flexibility regarding the learning content. He gets this option of learning a complex topic in a classroom where he can ask questions from the instructor right on the spot. Whereas those topics which are comparatively easier can be taken online. This options makes it easy for a learner to learn things conveniently.
- It reduces stress and brings student satisfaction. When students get a chance to study at their own pace, have some control over their time table, have the option of learning easier topics online rather than going to a classroom, all these things really add up to reduce stress of a student.
- Blended learning also provides with a continuous peer support which means that learners can interact with one another through chat rooms and discussion boards and can share their ideas and problems if any.
- With blended learning environment, learners tend to develop skills like time management, critical thinking and how to act as a team and show better results.
Use of TMS
TMS includes built-in time tracking, job costing & scheduling tools, and supervisors can also assign shifts to employees. Totally customizable and easy to implement, this time management software ensures labor data accurately represents your workforce.
E-learning classes tend to consume 90% less energy and produce 85% fewer Co2 emissions per student. We can say that e-learning classes are eco-friendly.
Blended learning has a lot of perks and it not only tends to give benefits to the students but also educational institutes can enjoy a number of benefits by introducing this platform to their institutes. Thus we can say that blended learning is beneficial for both the students and the educational institutes.