Whether you wish to do online cake order or want to approach a local baker for the purpose, knowing how much the cost will be is important. While the price essentially depends on the kind of cake and number of stacks you want in the cake, there are other factors that come into play too. Generally, the price of a cake is difficult to guess, because it depends on a host of different factors, some of which have been dished out here-
- The location of the cake shop, and the standard of the brand of the bakers concerned. This is one of the most important factors that determine the price of a cake. Yes, cakes in posh, high-end cake shops are high priced. Whereas in small cake shops located in alleys of small towns sell the same flavour of cake at a considerably lower price. Yes, there might be a difference in the quality, but upon a dedicated search you might come across a shop that sells amazing cakes at pretty reasonable prices.
- Are you going to buy the cake from a brick-and-mortar shop or are planning to order it online? Getting the answer for this question is extremely important before you know how much you might have to spend for your cake. Since online shops generally offer a lot of discounts and run offers frequently, it’s likely that you will have to spend less on a cake purchased from an online store.
- Is it an off season for cakes? A lot of cake shops offer special discounts during festivals and other occasions like New Year. Hence, if you are getting a cake for such an event, it’s likely that you will get it at a much lower price than usual.
- Do you like simple cakes or highly decorated ones? Decoration or design is an important factor that guides our cake choices. And because today there are so many varieties of design available, people are exposed to choices that are unlimited. With the change in times, cake buyers don’t opt for bland and boring designs. Today, what matters most is style.
Still a simple cake will go easy on your pocket, and an intricately designed one will be costlier. Hence, if you are looking to save a few bucks, you must go for the simple variety. And don’t think simple is boring. There is profound beauty in all things simple.
- The size of the cake also determines its price. And this point is pretty obvious. If you are looking for a low-priced cake, make sure it’s not too large. You will be happy to know that there is no dearth of cute designs for smaller cakes.
- Are you celebrating the occasion in question on a large scale? If yes, then there is no way you will be able to do with a small cake. For a big occasion, the cake needs to be big too.
These are only a few of the factors that determine the cost offline and online cake order, there are many others that don’t figure in the list but are important.