Are you excited for a Sunday boating binge? Have you pre-packed essentials? How about a health-check up? Yes, the question is regarding your boat’s health! If you have been missing out on periodic outboard maintenance checks, you must rethink your choice. Nobody would want to risk personal health due to carelessness. Would you? It’s time you start with the blog to gather detailed information on why routine maintenance is beneficial.
• Longevity – What's a direct consequence of routine vehicle maintenance? A long life span! A vehicle that undergoes scheduled checks operates better in the long run. Routine checks ensure proper care and minimize potential damage. It also is a cost-effective hack because it reduces huge financial losses due to possible repairs. Tending to vehicle health is quite similar to human health care. Like periodic doctor appointments can help determine potential issues quickly and avoid bigger hazards, routine boat maintenance does the same.
• Safety – If a boat is not receiving regular care and maintenance, it might risk you to dangerous circumstances. The absence of inspection leads to poor conditions of boats. Poorly maintained boats expose humans to risks and can cause even death. As the famous saying goes, better safe than sorry, scheduling regular repair checks would be a good choice.
• Efficiency – As has been previously mentioned, regular repairs help fix vehicle performance for the better. After all, where’s the fun when your boat is not operating at its peak? Adhering to oil change guidelines and schedules can effortlessly help in improving the boat’s fuel economy. Besides, a complete check-up ensures smooth running and performance efficiency. When routine maintenance can keep your fuel costs in check, why not avail the benefit?
• Value – Vehicles are considered investments, and inadequate maintenance can lead to a sharp decline in their inherent value. A value depreciation is a disadvantage as it rips your savings and no longer proves to be functional. The boat consequently loses its appeal and resale value. On the other hand, routine maintenance can up your vehicle’s resale value and help you earn better profits.
Outboard motors v/s Inboard motors
An inboard motor is positioned inside the boat's hull. It is a popular choice for water sport enthusiasts because it provides a boat trim facility while cruising. An outboard motor is located on the outside of the boat and is comparatively cheaper. They are a popular choice among boat lovers due to their numerous advantages. Are you confused about which motor to opt for? Delve in further to unlock certain factors that can help you decide better.
The following pointers contain details about the benefits of opting for an outboard motor for your boat.
• Space - An outboard motor is located outside, and so the area usually occupied by an inboard engine inside the boat is emptied. Thus, there is more room for moving, seating or storage. This makes it more convenient and adds an appeal to the boat's overall structure.
• Maintenance - Due to its shape, boats with inboard motors need to be winterized. Winterizing a boat means draining the boat dry as potential water storage aboard can cause engine ruin. This process requires adding antifreeze to the boat's plumbing systems to avoid potential harm. If you opt for an outboard motor, winterizing is no longer a responsibility. You can effectively save up on a lot of repair and maintenance costs.
• Performance - Outboards are cheaper and deliver better speed. They offer more power and run better because of their lightweight. This ensures overall efficiency in terms of fuel and service. Thus, the performance is high, and fuel consumption is less. Plus, outboards offer higher corrosion resistance and towing convenience.
Once you are ready for an outboard purchase, you may want to look for engine strokes. Compare the two types of engine strokes and choose accordingly. For instance, if fuel economy and durability is your priority, four-stroke engines are your fit. If speed and maintenance costs are your concern, go for two-stroke engines. If you are looking for affordable and qualityoutboard maintenance services, you can browse Lakeside Marine’s website. Go through their outboard service offerings and costs to acquire a profitable deal.