CA Direct Entry Route facilitates the participants to become CA in India after graduation. Students can apply for CA direct entry scheme and get admission in CA Intermediate directly. Apart from graduate students, the direct entry route also opens the way to CA for some other participants, so let’s know in detail.
So those students who have taken a while to recognize their dreams, then the last ray of light is still burning to make your way clear.
ICAI will consider CA or other options after graduation; that is why in 2012, direct entry was included in the CA selection process. Direct Entry Scheme has its advantages and disadvantages, but ultimately it is a boon for those students who did not opt for CA after the 12th. So let’s find out what kind of qualification gives you relief from the CA entrance exam.
Eligibility For Direct Entry Route In CA
Below is the list of participants who are eligible for directly CA Intermediate Registration.
- Aspirants graduate from commerce stream and got aggregate 55% or above marks.
- Students who are a graduate from the arts and science stream and obtained 60% or above marks
- Those students who have cleared Intermediate level of Company Secretary and Cost management accountant course.
- Also, such students appearing in the final year of graduation can register for CA intermediate examination under the provisional scheme.
Note: Students applying under the provisional scheme are bound to submit to graduation certificate within six months. Moreover, such students need to undergo ICITSS training for 4 weeks.
Steps Under Direct Entry Scheme
Such students who have passed the intermediate level of Company Secretary (CS) or Cost Management Accounting (CMA) are eligible for direct entry scheme and can register for CA intermediate through the process given below.
- The online registration procedure is the same as regular participants.
- Students receive study material from ICAI after submitting the desired documents at a nearby office.
- Now students have eight months study period and CA intermediate course completion.
- Students can choose between two groups or both for CA intermediate exam.
- And after passing the exam, they had to register themselves for three years of articleship training.
- Aspirants can now register for CA final course.
- Now the students need to complete four weeks of AICITSS before appearing for CA final, although they can complete this training during the last two years of practical internship.
- After completing the articleship, students can appear for CA final exam
- Now they need to qualify for both of CA final course groups for becoming ICAI certified members.
For Graduates and postgraduates: Students in their final year of graduation, post-graduation or graduation must register with BOS and then complete the four-week Orientation Program and Information Technology program. After that, they can register themselves for three years articleship practical training in which they will be initiated for practical work experience of CA.
Practical Training Fee for CA Direct Entry Scheme
Before appearing in the CA final exams, students need to register themselves for 3 years of practical articleship training with ICITSS. Check the below list of CA articleship training fees.
Particulars Intermediate level CA Final
ICITSS (Integrated course information technology) Rs. 6500 Rs. 7000
Articleship for 3 years Rs. 2000
Soft skills Rs. 7000 Rs. 7500
Practical Training Fee for CA Direct Entry Scheme
Duration For CA Direct Entry Scheme
Students registered under direct admission have one year to appear for the exam. ICAI conducts the examination of each level twice a year, so after registering for the intermediate examination in February or September, it will take 8 months to complete the course. However, they have to go for 4 weeks of ICITSS and 9 months of article training before the exam. Students registered under graduation or provisioning scheme will have to appear for one or both groups after a study period of 8 months. After that, the students will be eligible for practical training.
Pros and Cons of CA Direct Entry Route
Students have different ideas for CA direct entry route, but participants should choose as per their ability or understanding of the subjects. Here we have given some advantages or disadvantages according to our knowledge.
Pros: i) Most beneficially, it allows students to go directly to Intermediate by saving time.
ii) Allows to integrate various commerce streams like BBA, B.Com, etc., at the Intermediate level.
Cons: i) Since the students go directly to the advanced level, sometimes they miss out on the basic knowledge due to which one feels difficulty in the advanced examinations.
ii) Many times, students find it difficult to get admission to a reputed firm for an apprentice as this firm gives preference to foundation-level knowledgeable students.
The above article mentions the explanatory system for the students who want to opt for CA after graduation. Though CA is a respectable post, and all students dream about it, some people delay. Since the graduate students learn all that they have to be taught during the foundation, the foundation is just repetition, so ICAI has brought the direct entry scheme.