Summary: Revealing the ancient secrets of Ayurveda in order to convoy health and wellness that are also followed by Ayurveda schools in India to offer yogic lineage.
Even in the archaic period when there was no sign of modern medicine, people used to be ill or sick. But they were treated anyway and became healthy. Treating people with illness or disease was helpful because of herbal medicines. And, we know it pretty well from where did this idea of treatment came from. Yes, Ayurveda has been a boon for health and wellness.
Especially, in India; Ayurveda shared its many ancient secrets to treat health and wellness in the ancient days. Those secrets are still followed by yogis, saints and even the Ayurveda schools that are offering Ayurveda certification in India. The secrets don’t involve any medicine or treatments yet helpful in treating many diseases or illness.
Ayurveda believes that the imbalanced caused between the three doshas of the body makes the person sick or ill. In order to balance these doshas the sense organs play a crucial role. Even the ancient secrets mentioned below were built around the sense organs for a healthy life.
- Aroma: It is the fastest way to calm your brain which controls the olfactory receptors and other functions such as sinuses, emotions, reflexes etc. Hence, it is advisable to use essential oils or aromatic products. The aroma of essential oils will relax your muscles, induce sleep, bring positivity in the environment etc. Moreover, it brings balance between the predominant doshas. There are ample numbers of essential oils, aromatic products are available in the market that you can use to spray in the environment, use on your body or keep it in your car etc.
- Sight: It has been scientifically proven that looking at scenic pictures and colours affects our physical health and state of mind. Looking at pictures of trees, clouds, rivers, mountains will shift the mood to the calmer side. The colours we see or wear also have great influence on the mood. The warm colours may make you feel comfortable, warmth and even anger. The cool colours will calm you down, keeps you neutral about things in the environment and may offer wisdom. The most beneficial will be stimulating colours that offer positivity, strength, courage, activates immune system etc.
- Sound: Even in the present world, music is one of the best healing tools available and it all started in the old-age period. This is because sound brings calmness not just to your mind but also to body and soul. As per Ayurveda, watching sunrise or sunset brings serenity in your life. You can also listen to early morning chirping of birds, walk by a garden or maybe on the terrace by yourself. In fact, at least some time with yourself without any disturbance or meditation will also have the same healing effect.
- Food: Eating healthy is a basic thing that everybody knows but what they don’t know is how to eat healthily. Both things are considered equally important in Ayurveda. Here are a few habits Ayurveda wants people to incorporate in their lives:
- The meals should incorporate all the six flavours for the taste buds such as sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent.
- Remove processed food and involve more fresh and natural food in the diet. This is because food that is close to nature is intelligently digested by the body.
- It is crucial to take care of your digestion. Here are a few tips to manage your digestion:
- Eating food in a peaceful environment and chewing it consistently will aid digestion.
- Have a little amount of water with the meal which shouldn’t be iced or cold.
- Eat only till you are 75% full as compared to your hunger. Overeating slows down the digestion.
Following these ancient secrets cost nothing but will aid you benefits of a ton. It will provide you, yogi, the holistic approach of the yogic style. To learn more about this holistic approach you may enrol for Ayurveda certification in India. If you are more inclined to ayurvedic treatments or therapies go for Ayurveda treatment in Kerala.