As far as an electric actuator is concerned, it is nothing but a mechanical machine which is primarily used for the purpose of converting electricity to kinetic energy. This process is done by using a rotary of single linear motion. It helps in the process of automating the valve or damper in order to increase the level of efficiency. As far as the designs of an electric actuator is concerned, they are determined by the specific tasks which they are meant to accomplish. These devices can very in terms of their size and dimension.
The application of electric actuator has increased tremendously over the years, due to the fact that the process of decentralization is rapidly taking place in the field of automation technology. An electric actuator can be used in different types of process controllers in order to achieve a higher level of efficiency and at the same time meet the latest automation standards
What Are The Main Components Of An Electric Actuator?
These devices comes with a wide range of different types of components. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into some of the different components which are used in an electric actuator. They are as follows
- Voltage: The motor is one of the most important components of an electric actuator. This device is capable of running on any kind of voltage. This is one of the reasons as to why, these devices can be used in all sorts of industrial setups. When it comes to voltage, the most common ones which are used are as follows
- 24 VAC
- 24 VDC
- 208 VAC
- 230 VAC
- 115 VAC
- 12 VDC
These voltages are primarily used to run a single phase motor. Apart from these 3 phase Motors can also be run by using voltages of 460 VAC and 230 VAC
What Are The Common Applications Of An Electric Actuator?
As far as applications are concerned, electric actuator can be used in different fields, in order to achieve different purposes. Here are some of the common domains, where these devices are used frequently
- In plants, where wastewater treatment is done
- Different types of power plants
- Agricultural and farming plants
- Paper and pulp plants
- Downstream, upstream and midstream gas and oil plants
Apart from these, there are various other areas and domains where an electric actuator is being used on a frequent basis. One of the main reasons as to why these devices have become so popular is due to the fact that they offer accuracy and efficiency at the same time.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Electric Actuator?
When it comes to benefits, there are tons of them with these devices have to offer. In the following section, you will be offered a brief look into some of the major benefits which an electric actuator has in store for you. They are as follows
- They help to provide better and more advanced positioning performance
- This device helps to eliminate the chances of fluid leakage by a great extent
- They have proven to be very useful when it comes to attaining enhanced control flexibility
- Improving energy efficiency is one of the major benefits with these devices has to offer
- An electric actuator can play a very important role when it comes to improving the level of performance of different types of machines.
There are different options which are available in the market, when it comes to an electric actuator. They are available in different specifications and configuration to meet a wide range of different types of technical needs.