You have probably learned about CBD by now, with all the hype and popularity surrounding it. Because of its growing popularity, there is now a lot of information about this compound!
This compound is derived by hemp, one of the 113 cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. Every cannabinoid would interact with our bodies in specific ways, with our bodies having specialized receptors in our nervous system for accepting them.
With more research being conducted, the demand for CBD store USA products is also growing. But even if you’ve done a lot of research on CBD, there may be a few facts you might actually not know about!
This article will tackle the different factors you might not have known about CBD, which may surprise you!
- It opens doors in medical research
Beyond CBD helping to treat cancer and epilepsy, it is opening doors to various types of new research. Studies are being conducted on CBD’s effectivity in affecting and treating conditions, including anxiety, depression, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, skin conditions, among others.
With all these opportunities, and with CBD and hemp being legalized, there is now a lot of room for further research and a lot of money in the industry, supporting newer studies. With specialized receptors for cannabinoids in all of our systems, our bodies are known to accept and use cannabinoids.
As we learn more, the list of health benefits will only continue to grow from here.
- It may be used in children and pets
You may not have known that you could give pets and children from CBD, did you?
There are CBD pet treats available for pets that have chronic pain, anxiety, inflammation, as well as appetite problems. These are tasty treats and while further research is required on CBD for pets, there are millions of pet owners swearing by the effects of CBD.
It’s also possible to give CBD to children, with studies suggesting that it might be an effective treatment for ADHD rather than giving stimulants. However, you should NOT replace your child’s ADHD medication with CBD, though it’s a talk you may want with the doctor.
Besides helping with ADHD, CBD can also help with your child’s other aches and pains, including anxiety or inflammation.
- You MIGHT feel a high from CBD products Consumers opting for CBD products might not know they are also most likely taking THC. Hemp as cannabis would have no more than 0.3% of THC and while that may be a small amount, it would equate to around 2.7mg of THC per milliliter if applying the amount to a lot of hemp-derived products.At that level, an adult may experience THC-like effects with only less than a teaspoon and may even end up with a positive THC drug test. The FDA began randomly testing various CBD products and found that around half of the products have inaccurately reported their CBD or THC content.To avoid this from happening, make sure that you select a product publishing their third-party testing. This will make sure that the content has accurate labeling. The best choice would be to get appropriately-labeled isolated CBD products to avoid any THC-related effects
- There are even more cannabinoids being studied
Excluding a few nuances, CBN is one of the many compounds produced by the hemp/cannabis plant. There is current research focusing on other isolated cannabinoids, looking at any of the plant synergies like an entourage effect, a combined effect of various phytocannabinoid that would perform together to have a better effect compared to it being taken solo.
There are cannabis plant components such as cannabinoids and terpenoids that might work together, or it may counteract. It will take more research to find the best and most effective combination and to identify any components that may be counterproductive.
- There’s the best way to use CBD When talking about bioavailability, which is the proportion of drugs absorbed for every administration route into circulation, soft gels, and oil-based products are more likely to have superior absorption to solid forms, like capsules.Furthermore, CBD bioavailability would be affected through food. Research shows that high-fat food and meals may increase CBD blood levels 3-5 times more.Meaning, 25mg of CBD with pizza would be as good as taking 75mg without eating. Win-win situation, especially if you love food!
Wrapping It Up
I hope that you learned a lot more about these awesome facts about CBD! Continue educating yourself about the facts and latest studies of CBD from reputable sources. Remember, if you want to take CBD, talk with your healthcare professional to ensure you are taking it safely.
Do you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences in taking CBD? Share them in the comments section below, all of your thoughts are much appreciated!