Water is an essential requirement for life. With every sip, we give our organism the daily basis for it. Precisely because water penetrates the body down to the last cell, the idea that it can also be used to absorb undesirable ingredients or information that stresses the body is unsettling. Nobody can ignore the many reports in which renowned scientists express themselves on the one hand about the achieved and undoubtedly available quality of drinking water, but on the other hand about the steadily increasing demands on drinking water quality due to increasing pollution. That's why a water purifier is important.
What are some of the useful Household water purifiers?
A home water purifier to operate uses activated carbon, carbon dioxide, ions or reverse osmosis. Activated carbon filters are capable of capturing the chemical agents present in the water, but not nitrates or bacteria. To eliminate the latter, purification through the use of ions is particularly indicated, the only ones capable of eradicating viruses and bacteria that creep into the pipes.
To filter the water rich in saline substances and nitrates, reverse osmosis purification is used instead. Some purifiers are sold with installation kits and there are treatment systems that supply carbonated and cold water and comfortable filter jugs to be brought to the table and inserted into the refrigerator.
How does reverse osmosis water purifier work?
Reverse Osmosis is a natural process that water follows. This becomes particularly "visible" when a semi-permeable membrane represents the separation between two liquid spaces. Water flows through the membrane until a concentration balance is established in every liquid space. This can result in an uneven amount of water on both sides of the membrane. This technique of osmosis is not only ideal for the body but is also used in water treatment. This is because the direction of flow of the water can be influenced by adding sufficient pressure so that it does not achieve the effect of dilution and compensation, but rather the effect of the almost complete separation of polluting ingredients. That’s why Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier is considered as the best water purifier.
There are numerous ways of further treating water in the household. These have already been described in numerous books and other publications. There are various types of domestic water purifiers on the market, whose characteristics depend on their method of operation and the type of purification they carry out. They can be summarized in the following categories:
· Water purifier with activated carbon filters: eliminates chlorine and bad taste and retains chemical pollutants, pesticides and solvents.
· Reverse osmosis water purifier: eliminates heavy metals, chemical agents and minerals and improves the smell and taste of the water.
· Microfiltration water purifier: eliminates solid particles, chlorine, microorganisms and pathogenic bacteria and improves the taste of water.
· Vertical filtration water purifier: retains metals and specific elements and improves the microbiological quality of the water.
· Filter jug: absorbs magnesium, chlorine, calcium, pesticides and organic pollutants and improves the taste and smell of the water.
· Softener: acts on hardness by depriving the water of calcium carbonate.