Quickbooks multi-user mode is one of the fascinating features of Quickbooks as it increases productivity. Different users can work on the same file simultaneously. This helps to complete the job in no time. But, managing your company files in multi-user mode is not that easy. Any issue with the file can lead to chaos. One such error related to Quickbooks multi-user mode is error code H202. This issue states that you are attempting to access a file stored on some other system. The error usually occurs when there are some issues in communication between the server and the application. If you have also encountered this error, check out this troubleshooting guide to resolve the issue.
Triggers of the Error
- Quickbooks hosting settings are incorrect
- Communication is blocked by the security software installed on the system.
- The database server manager may be facing issues with the DNS server.
- Port is not enabled on the system.
- Different classes are running on the database server manager.
- Quickbooks components are damaged.
Ways to Resolve Quickbooks Error H202
Way 1: Check Network Issue Using Connection Diagnostic Tool
- First, you will have to download Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on the system and then install the same on the system.
- You will then have to start the tool on the system and then scan the Quickbooks file folder.
- Now, you will have to type the system's IP address on which you are running the tool.
- When done, you will also have to enable the ports under the firewall status option.
- Next, complete the process by following the steps mentioned below.
- You will then have to start the system and open the company file on which the error code may appear.
Way 2: Modify the Location of the Company File
- First, you will have to create a new folder in your C drive.
- Now, you will have to open the company file folder and choose the TLG file. You will then have to copy the file by pressing the Ctrl+C key on the system.
- Next, you will have to open the new folder in which you have stored the company file. You will then have to paste the file.
- When done, you will have to attempt opening the file in multi-user mode.
- Now, you will have to open the file and check if the error is resolved or not.
Way 3: Start Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- First, you will have to open the Run window on the screen, and then in the Run window, type MSC.
- You will then have to choose the icon of the service on the screen.
- Now, a list of all the running services will appear on the screen.
- You will have to choose the QuickbooksDBXX service and then double-click on it. Click on Disable and stop the service.
- Also, you will have to choose the automatic option and then choose the start option under the start option.
- In the end, you will have to start Quickbooks and then open the company file again.
Quickbooks error code H202 is also encountered when the database server manager stops working on the system. This can also lead to different update errors, including Quickbooks error 3371. If starting the tool on the system didn't resolve the issue, switch to the following method.
Way 4: Changing the Name of TLG and ND File
- Make sure to terminate the Quickbooks application on your system.
- Next, go to the folder where the company file is present.
- Look for the TLG file related to the Quickbooks file and then right-click on it.
- You will then have to choose the option to rename.
- Change the name of the TLG by adding Old at the end of the name.
- When done, you will have to perform the same steps of the network file also.
- After this, you will have to start Quickbooks and open the company file. Quickbooks TLG and ND files will now open on the screen.
- When you are opening the Quickbooks company file, make sure to hold the Alt key down.
- The file will now normally open on your system.
Way 5: Update or Repair Quickbooks
- First, you will have to start the control panel on the system.
- Choose the programs and features option.
- All the installed applications will now appear on the screen.
- You will have to click on Quickbooks and then choose to uninstall it.
- In the next prompt, you will be asked to repair or uninstall it.
- You will have to choose the repair option, and then you will have to complete the repair process by following the steps appearing on the screen.
- Open Quickbooks, go to the File menu, and then choose the option to update Quickbooks.
- Wait for the update to complete. On completion, start the tool on the system in the multi-user mode.
Quickbooks error code H202 may prove challenging to resolve sometimes, but following the correct methods makes it more accessible. If it didn't resolve the issue on your system, seek technical help. We have tried to explain to you everything in detail.