The Cleaning Business is booming and trouble-free to start. The one who wants to be a part of it, does not need any specialized skill as most cleaning services do not demand it. The one who wants to kick start their career into this domain won’t face many compilations as it is easy to understand and quite reasonable.
Education- It calls for a Certification course. For instance, there are many courses: The Unit names are Clean wet areas, Maintain cleaning storage areas, maintain cleanroom environment, Clean glass Surfaces, etc. with their Unit Code, which has a term of 12 months. It can be online or offline with some hours of self-study. Depending on the interest of people, there are a variety of courses offered.
Then comes the Internship in which the people are required to work for at least 15 hrs in a week. There are no formal entry requirements to get into the course. The students should know basic English, access an Internet connection for learning resources, and a computer with upgraded software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Adobe Flash Player.
Let’s try to understand the different kinds of Cleaning Services in the industry business with detail.
1. Residential Cleaning Business- It is that area of cleaning business which requires cleaning regularly, whether- daily, weekly, monthly and mostly it depends on your client too and getting clients is also easy, the person needs to know how the market works, and expansion of business is possible here. Hence the cleaning is inevitable- which makes it one of the lucrative sectors in this industry. It is still in demand even if inflation is high or an economic crisis is going on. The task includes Dusting, Mopping floors, Vacuuming, Fixtures, Washing surfaces, Polishing mirrors, etc. Basic equipment required and some workers.
2. Commercial Cleaning Business- This is the most lucrative one. The big cities contribute a lot as there will be more offices, buildings, premises, apartments with more space with them. The services generally occur on weekends or holidays—the things you need to know before taking a plunge into this. A business name, the printing of business cards to do marketing, have an office, maintain a website, hire employees with different departments, the equipment, and the most important plus difficult one is getting a license.
3. Windows cleaning Business- It just requires to work on weekends. It doesn’t need big bucks; instead, it pays quite good around $30-$40/hour.The requirement includes getting windows clean supplies like- Unger Stingray Indoor Cleaning Kit, Unger PWK00 Pro Window Cleaning supplies, buying necessary equipment, getting a license, printing cards, and naming your business, etc. same as the commercial one.
4. Washing services- Now that’s called a shortcut from hectic life. Laundering clothes requires a lot of energy, which you don’t get after your work. The equipment remains the same with the inclusion of the washing machine in the list. Washing plus ironing the clothes makes a better combo.
5. Carpet cleaning business- In this type, people require some technique to clean carpets. This is costly and demands a lot of effort. This can be an additional service with one of the other services.
6. Swimming pool cleaning- This business can grow only in those places where the temperature remains hot. The people require the services for their home other than that it can work in hotels, schools, and health clubs, etc. The basic equipment can work with a skim net.
This is one of the great career options, especially when the world is facing COVID-19 Crisis, every house, every office, the industry is giving importance to cleaning more than ever and will continue in the future. So the cleaning business will make millions of dollars in their pockets in the coming future and become one of the most employment generating sources.