Professional certification is required for promotions or is connected to performance analysis. The certification carries weight in organizations and companies because it signifies how a project manager works. PMP is global. Unlike many other certifications that focus on a particular domain, a PMP can work in virtually any industry and in any location.
The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals within the given limits. The primary requirement is scope, time, quality, effort and budget. The secondary challenge is to optimize and apply them to meet pre-defined objectives.
The duty of project management is to produce a complete project which complies with the client’s objectives. This certification program allows you to learn from the basic and to apply those on the practice fields which enhance your chance to be more productive and constant.
This article says the reasons why the certification is so desirable in today’s job market and business environment.
- Adds Value To The Resume -There are many options of professional certifications that can pursue by you throughout your career. But, among all of those, PMP Certification is the most valuable certificate program if you are looking at yourself as a leader in project management in the future. Project management jobs are high in demand and opportunities are open for a large number.It is time and resource consuming for the company to interview and assess the potential of all the applicants. They like to filter out as many candidates as possible before the interview process. This is where the PMP certificate plays a crucial role as it is one of the most objective ways in which one can shortlist the candidates.
According to the survey a certified candidate can handle a giant project more securely and exclusively than a non-certified one, then why should an organization give any sort of chance to the others. To get your profile shortlisted, certifications play a crucial role. From then on, it’s up to you how you will impress the recruiting manager.
- Provides Industry Recognition-PMP is universally recognized. Many certifications focus only on a specific domain PMP, on the other hand, is global and works with any industry and in any location. So regardless of the geographical region and industry, you were working on, you can gain by adding the certification to your resume.According to data, a company with more certified professionals is more productive and more successful to organize and deliver the project on time within the budget. If you are in the first step of your career in project management, the certification is the perfect makeup for the lack of experience and you can be a contender of the particular job.
- Helps You Learn Important Skills-Today there are many project managers in the job market. In such a scenario, how can you stand out from the crowd? What better to do that by becoming a PMP certified? It makes your resume more presentable to companies.The certification helps to excel in your career by teaching you important skills. For the certification you need higher contribution and higher dedication to your studies and genuinely think vast about each topic moreover it needs extensive preparation to clear the exam. It requires you to master the practical application of the case.
Attaining PMP credential will include learning several skills. It builds the knowledge of fundamental project management processes tools & techniques and methods. By daily learning, you can also learn new tricks and techniques in project management activities. Want to keep growing in your career? You have to be better at what you are doing currently. Experience teaches you to improve how you to manage projects but certification can do the same thing in an easier way and in a lesser span of time.
- Intelligent Enough To Come Forward From The Rest Of The Crowd-Employers know the PMP is difficult. For an MCQ test, it does a very good job of testing your judgment and decision-making ability.Moreover, it tests your reading comprehension and attention to detail – both important attributes for any successful professional. for both employees and employers, certification in PMP is extremely valuable. Good judgment, attention to detail, and communication skills are difficult to teach and are not highly emphasized on the PMP exam.
Even using the best prep course, you must put forth substantial effort on your own to master the information before sitting for the exam, which will make you more presentable in upcoming life opportunities.
- Contributes To Higher Income-It can draw a higher salary; it’s the biggest draw of this certification. Across the industry, the average salary of certified project managers is considerably higher. The average income for a non-certified project manager is only $91,000, which is 20 percent lesser than the certified managers.This trend has seen all over the world including in Middle East countries. PMP training has always been amongst the high-income gainer. According to the trend, PMP salaries will continue to grow in the future. It also helps to improve your job security.
- Provides A Premium Networking Opportunity-While you are recognized by industries you now, know how to use the vocabularies for project management which is taught in PMP. You get access to best practices and opportunity to network with other PMPs.PMI currently has around 80k active PMP certificate holders across the world. When you sign up as a PMI member, you become part of that executive club. The meetings arranged by the PMI are the most precious source of getting premium job offers and you can come with new market leaders.
One can get to know about new job opportunities that are shared by people. There are other online and offline groups and communities through which PMPs interact with each other. These communities help in building professional networks. The certified person can be a mentor to the aspirants.
- Shows You Are Motivated And Goal-Oriented-Certifications do provide deeper insight into the subject and will give you a better understanding of what you are doing in your current job. If you are keen enough to do a certification in the aspect of learning, it will enhance your vision towards your job in terms of implementing a few concepts which you learned from the certification. PMP training has higher standards.An employer understands that clearing the exam takes dedication towards the job. It indicates that you are pretty serious about making project management as your long-term career path. A PMP certificate signifies your steps towards improving your professional abilities, credentials, and knowledge. It also helps you to command respect among team members. It provides credibility, enhances employment opportunities and growth it gives an edge.
PMP professional capabilities enable to contribute to the organization’s strategies. Well-adapted and examined project management principles can lead an organization to success. Your investment for your career shows how focused and goal oriented you are, and it leads you to get the best offers by an organization.
- Shows You Can Manage Projects In A Structured And Repeatable Fashion-As a project manager, you have learned to expect the unexpected. All projects are filled with uncertainty, and our ability to manage in an ever-changing environment is paramount. The need for standardized project management techniques and processes is underscored by the increase in collaboration among businesses in today’s economy.A common set of processes and techniques becomes vital when two mammoth organizations team up on a project. Risk Management you can take as an example, Of course, your risks will differ in each case and your responses will as well, but the way you go about identifying and analyzing risks should not.
Using the processes, tools, and documents endorsed in PMP, you can effectively and confidently manage risk in any project. You make sure your team members and partner organizations are always on the same page with regard to the risk identification and management approach.