If you are using Apple’s Calendar app, then you may have plenty of events for keeping a track on. Do you have a backup of this data?
The process mentioned in this blog shall specify how to save every Calendar information into a single archive file. This process shall help do a backup or move every iCal or Calendar information.
The best way to backup and transfer the Calendar data to Mac
The method of backing up Calendar for OS X Mountain Lion and newer
- Firstly, go to the Calendar by pressing the icon of it from the Dock.
- Then, press on the ‘Export, Calendar Archive’ by going to the file menu.
- After Save As dialog bar is displayed, then put a name for an archive file or you can use default name that is presented to it.
- Next, by using the disclosure triangle immediate after Save As field for expanding dialog bar.
- Lastly, choose the destination and press the Save option.
The method of backing up iCal Calendars for OS X 10.5 Through OS X 10.7
- Firstly, go to the iCal app by pressing its symbol in the Dock. After that, do a double click on the iCal application.
- Then, press on ‘Export, iCal Archive.’ It shall be present on the File menu.
- As soon Save as dialog bar gets started, put name for an archive file or prefer using default name that is presented.
- Next, by using the disclosure triangle that is immediate after a Save As field for expanding a dialog box.
- Lastly, choose the location by pressing on the ‘Save’ option.
The method of restoring calendar for OS X Mountain Lion or newer
- Firstly, open the Calendar application on Mac.
- Then, press on Import from the File menu.
- After that, the import dialog bar shall get open, go to Calendar archive file that you want importing into Calendar.
- Next, choose the archive file that you would like to use. After that, press the Import option.
- Note that a pull-down sheet shall get displayed letting you know that archive file shall help replace the present text of Calendar application and that there shall be no option for undoing the function of the import. You will get two options before you. The first one shall be of canceling if you don’t want to import the text. And the second one is the Restore option for continuing. Select one according to your suitability.
- Lastly, note that the calendar shall now be able to get updated with newer information from the archive file that has been created before.
Davis Johnson is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.