Are you planning to buy a dinghy for your fun? Are you searching for the tips to buy a dinghy? Dinghies are small boats and are often carried as a lifeboat by the large boats/ships. There are numerous types of boats present in the market like whaleboat, dories, prams, Whitehall rowboats and some inflatable boats. You can buy a new dinghy or from the range of dinghy for sale. You must have a clear idea of the dinghy before you buy it. Check all the features, though it doesn’t as much features as a boat. So here are few tips which will help you to buy the dinghy.
Check out the Condition
Firstly watch out for the deep scratches and cracks whether you are buying new or from the range of dinghy for sale. Check the stiffness of the boat to find out if it has been used a lot of times or not. If you are buying a second-hand boat, please check the stiffness of the boat because it reduces with time and uses, so it could tell a lot of things about the quality of the boat. The softer the boat, the higher will be the chances of the leakage.
Find out the Appropriate Type
There are many types of dinghy available in the market. You have to find out the appropriate type of dinghy which will be good for your use. Here are some types of dinghy which are easily available in the market. Check out the types.
- Dories: They are the sharply ended boats, and they are made up of traditional wood. But nowadays they are also available in fiberglass and aluminum. They cut the water very easily, and their stability is very low which makes them feel very tippy in the flat water. It becomes stable amid the waves of the water.
- Whaleboats: They are known as classic pulling boats with a sharp bow, canoe stern, and a fine stern line. They grow well with motor and with the help of fine stern lines.
- Whitehall Row Boats: They were known for being the water taxis because during the 1800s it was used as water taxis. It is the most refined rowboats for lakes and harbor use.
- Prams: They are usually a short one with the bow and stern. They are very difficult to carry a load of passengers for a long distance. They are very slow, because of their short length and extremely rocky.
- Rigid Safety Dinghy: They are usually row, motor, sail. These are mainly used for rescue boats. These boats serve as everyday tenders and as recreational boats.
Check out the Space of the Boat
The space of the boat matters a lot. On yachts shorter than 10 m (33 ft), there is usually not enough room for a reasonably sized dinghy. Having a lot of space in a yacht can help you keep some things inside the dinghy. Rigid dinghies are for very small yachts having 2m, usually with a pram, a blunt to get more beams in a shorter length. Inflatable tubes can be fitted in an existed dinghy for the safety purpose.
The Bottom Line
Kindly check all the parts of the dinghy properly while buying it. You can buy a new dinghy or can buy the dinghy from the range of dinghy for sale. Dinghy is a good investment if you are looking to buy a small boat just for yourself. If you love spending time on water, fishing, sailing etc. you must think a lot before you buy a dinghy.