How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12157?
Have you run into QuickBooks error number 12157 and aren't sure what to do? Your search has come to a conclusion. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors, and so on. This problem is part of the 12000 error series, and it can be caused by web connectivity troubles with Microsoft Win32 internet. Keep in mind that QuickBooks uses this API to quickly access internet protocols like FTP, HTTP, and Gopher.
You could find this error a little perplexing, which is why we've created this part, in which we'll discuss the triggers and processes for resolving QuickBooks error 12157. Continue reading to discover the most efficient answers to this error.
More information about the QuickBooks Error 12157
As previously stated, QuickBooks error 12157 is a member of the 12XXX series of errors. Due to web connectivity troubles in the Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or WinInetAPI, you may see such an error. The API is used by QuickBooks accounting software to execute internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. This type of problem generally occurs when downloading or installing software updates.
You might see also: 6 Ways to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors
What causes QuickBooks error 12157 to occur?
The following circumstances can cause the QuickBooks error number 12157:
· Just in case the system's date or time is inaccurate.
· If you try to update QuickBooks desktop software while using the internet or security programmes, you may get this error.
· This error can also occur if your firewall and internet security programmes have any restrictive settings.
· Also, if you have numerous QuickBooks installed on your PC.
There are a few things you may do to fix QuickBooks problem 12157.
You may fix QuickBooks error 12157 by using the solutions shown below. Let's have a look at each strategy one by one:
Method 1: Switch to a different internet connection
This type of problem is frequently caused by incorrect internet connection settings. In this case, you'd have to adjust your internet connection settings. The following are the steps to take in this situation:
· To begin, you must first open QuickBooks.
· After that, go to the help menu.
· Select the internet connection setup as well.
· To establish a connection when this application accesses the internet, select Use my computer's internet connection settings.
· After that, you must select the next tab.
· The advanced connection settings must be opened.
· Select the advanced tab from the drop-down menu.
· Then select the option to restore advanced settings.
· Last but not least, select the OK tab and then press the Done button.
Method 2: With the exception of the firewall, add QuickBooks and its associated processes.
You'll need to add QuickBooks to the firewall exceptions list using this method. There are times when the firewall or internet security settings aren't properly adjusted. You'll need to make sure that ports 80 and 443 are open. The following set of files should have access in such a scenario:
Read also: How to Solve QuickBooks Adobe Reader Errors?
Method 3: Restore your system
Another option for restoring the system is to use this procedure. To successfully eliminate the mistake, follow the procedures below:
· In order to use this method, you must first click the start your system tab.
· And log in as the system administrator.
· You must then press start to catch and click on all applications, accessories, and computer tools, as well as the option to system repair.
· Additionally, open a new window and select the re-install my PC option before moving on to the next tab.
· After that, select Restore Point and then next. To restore the point, select the advanced system.
· On the confirmation window, click next.
· Finally, restart the computer.
Method 4: Resetting the date and time on the system
To resolve the QuickBooks payroll issue 12157 with ease, follow the steps below. You can reset the system's date and time by following the procedures below:
· To begin, look at the clock that is displayed on the system's screen.
· Later on, right-click the mouse.
· You must also select the adjust date/time from the list that comes after the previous step.
· After that, you must choose the current day and time.
· After the date and time have been corrected, select the OK tab to end the window.
· Furthermore, the QuickBooks software must be closed.
· And then reopen it.
Finish the process by rerunning the QuickBooks update to see whether the error still exists.
That's all there is to it when it comes to resolving QuickBooks error 12157. If the error persists after you've followed the above instructions, don't hesitate to contact our QuickBooks error support professionals and certified experts. Call us at +1-844-947-4350 if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns.