Nowadays, with the emergence of digitalization in the world, there has been an enormous growth in computer engineering profile. Software Engineer forms part of computer engineering which is related to the discipline in which coding decoding is done to make programs. This field is not confined to integrating systems but also creating a big picture to focus upon. This profession seeks the employers in building and designing new software and applications.
For getting into software developer jobs, candidates should hold the degree of computer science from a recognized university wherein in-depth knowledge of the subject matter is necessary. There are two major specialties in computer engineering which includes Computer hardware engineering and computer software engineering.
They are also known as computer programmer handles many duties like
- Maintaining software systems
- Developing applications
- Designing and updating software databases from time to time
- Maintaining and improving the performance of existing software
- Testing and maintaining software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization and many more
The programs you create should help business to grow, run smoothly and provide services to the clients.
Nowadays, IT companies are hiring number of candidates to match their requirement of resources to increase the business and provide employment in the country. Large numbers of opportunities are provided by the companies in different categories and departments. As the IT companies have a diverse section, it needs candidates who better suit to fulfill the vacancy. Designation like, network security Engineer, Senior Business Analyst, UI developer and software Programmer are offered by the company to the job seekers. Candidates need to get prepared for the interview as these high skilled jobs require professionalism as much needed skill with experience. It acts as an added advantage for the candidate to portray themselves to the company.
Qualifications required to get software developer jobs is B.E / B.Tech /BCA/ MCA / MSc / MS/ M.Sc. / PGDCA or PG Diploma
Essential skills required in addition are:
- Good understanding of the Life Cycle processes of Software Development
- Exposure to ISO / CMMI standards and Software development in structured environment is an added advantage
- Prior experience in product development life cycle in web application development is given preference
- Experience in SQL Server 2012 / 2016, MVC, LINQ, Telerik RAD Controls, AJAX, WCF, JSON, Web Services, SSRS is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Server database in writing store procedures, triggers, and queries is an advantage
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to minute detail and many more.
Scope of jobs
- IT sector offers a large number of jobs to the software Tester offering attractive salary package for example TCS etc
- Software companies like Wipro, HCL and many more.
How to get a job?
There are different ways to land you in a dream job but we look for a method which can give us results in a short span of time.
Below is the list provided which helps candidates in a real time to get software Engineer job:-
- Search for the most influential people in your network and find ways to strengthen your relationships with them as they can help you in getting job of your choice
- Connecting with alumni can be of great help to you as it can increase your network which is going to help you ultimately in getting software developer jobs in a reputed company as they may act as referrals
- LinkedIn is proving itself as a powerful and effective tool for job seekers to easily connect with the right people. As per your qualification search your targeted job market, and in some cases university, interests, can help you in connecting with the people. For example, if you are working in the medical insurance sector, you can possibly aim to connect with all potential bosses, doctors and human resource departments of this industry and in your market.
- Registering on job portals proves to be efficient if you didn’t got on campus placement. Job portal like Monster India which is India’s leading Job Portal providing thousands of vacancies software companies which gives job seekers a better opportunity to consider. When a job-seeker gets hired, they can share ideas, collaborate with the team leaders to bring upon a quality decision. If a candidate wants to apply for this job he/she can simply visit the website and choose jobs by company and accordingly he/she will be linked to the concerned company and can look up for the required job. By contributing a major resource to the company, candidates can have a job security and can earn handsome package. It is indeed a better option to look for HCL company jobs through this job portal.
Neelam Gupta is currently focusing her writing on the extensive domain of employment. She has written various articles and blog posts on resume writing, job search and hiring. She also likes to write about nature.