Maintaining clean water in the aquarium is important to ensure the safety and overall healthy lifestyle of your aquarium fish. You should ensure that all the tank conditions and parameters are suitable for the type of fish that you keep. Maintaining a suitable tank might require the introduction of certain elements such as aquarium pumps.
Aquarium air pumps are one of the basic and most useful equipment you can introduce into your tank. It works by forcing air into the tank through mechanical means. This procedure is important to keep the oxygen level of the tank in check and regulate the pH.
Aquarium air pumps have many benefits and applications in the tank which include aeration, decoration, protein skimmer, and also filters. Air pumps can also act as aquarium filtration equipment.
Nevertheless, you can only harness the benefits of aquarium air pumps if it is working effectively. You can ensure some things are in place to keep the pump in perfect working condition. Here are effective ways of improving the working conditions of aquarium pumps.
- Ensure The Valve Is Well Fixed: The valve is a device that is installed in the airline tubing in line with the aquarium air pump. It keeps the water flow in balance by allowing air to flow without the backward flow of water. If the valve is not in good working condition, there might be a backward flow of water, especially during a power outage.
- Ensure That The Air Pump Is Well Connected: This is specifically directed at those that are using electricity-powered air pumps. Electricity powered air pumps must be properly connected before it can work at all. You must ensure that the air pump is connected to the right power source for it to function effectively.
- Avoid Overcrowding In Your Tank: Overcrowding your tank with too many fish population, plants, and other aquarium members can greatly affect the working conditions of aquarium air pumps. Aside from the fact that it can overwork the pump, it can also hinder the free exchange and entry of gases.
- Keep The Water at Moderate Level: the water level of your tank can also affect how well your aquarium air pump will work. You can, therefore, improve the working condition of the tank by keeping the water at a moderate level. Ensure that the water in the tank is neither too high nor too low.
- Fix Any Damaged Part As Soon As Possible: Aquarium air pumps have so many parts that include retainer plugs, valve flappers, rubber bushings, and so on. If you want to keep the working condition of the air pump at an optimum level, then you should ensure that all these parts are in perfect condition. To avoid frequent damage, you should get quality aquarium air pumps from trusted sources. Quality aquarium air pumps are available here at your fingertips where you can get it at low cost, and without stress.
Aquarium pumps are very instrumental in maintaining a safe and healthy aquarium. They perform significant roles in the regulation of aquarium oxygen supply and pH levels. However, you can only get the best out of this device if it is in good working condition. A simple maintenance routine and highlighted points can help you enhance the working condition of the air pump.