It is necessary to understand that Windows 10 does not install the built-in printer driver automatically rather you need to install it manually in your O.S. But it may be possible that some of you don’t know how to install the “Windows Built-in HP Printers drivers”. Therefore, to do the needful, for you below we’ve mentioned the five easy and simple steps methods for installing an in-built HP Printer.
Step 1: Update ‘HP Printer Drivers Software’ in Windows 10:
- Check whether your system is all set to ‘Automatically download printers driver software’.
- Once checked, go to the search option and click on ‘Change device installation’ settings to open it.
- Under ‘Device Installation’ settings window, choose the option ‘Yes’
- Lastly, hit the ‘Save’ button to apply changes.
Step 2: With ‘USB Cable’ Connect Your HP Printer To The Computer:
- Before starting the driver installation, make sure that your operating system has a proper net connection.
- After checking the internet connection, you need to turn on your HP printer.
- Then, with the help of a USB cable join it to the USB port of your HP printer and to your computer in order to connect the HP printer with them.
- After connecting them, if a ‘Found New Hardware’ window pop-up on the screen, what you need to do is follow the on-screen instructions to finally install the HP printers drivers.
- Then to recheck whether you have performed the installation process correctly or not, give a print command.
If after doing so, you’re able to use your printer without any issue or error; it means your driver is installed correctly. However, if you cannot then continue further to perform the next step.
Step 3: To Install The Built-In Print Driver, ‘Add A Printer Wizard’:
- Go to ‘Search’ and open the ‘Control Panel.’
- There look for ‘Devices and Printers’, and in that click on ‘Add a printer’.
- After that, on the ‘Choose a Device or Printer’ select and click on your printer to add.
- Following that you need to click on ‘Next’ to install the driver and further remember to follow the on-screen instructions.
However, if the case is that your printer is not in the list, you need not need to worry, just continue further with the below-mentioned steps.
- If your printer is not in the list, select ‘The printer I want isn’t listed’, and then using the manual settings click on ‘Add a local/network Printer’.
- Then click on ‘Next’ and choose ‘Use an existing port’ to again click ‘Next’
- After that go to ‘Windows Update’ and wait till the printer drivers update.
- Further in the ‘Manufacturer pane’ click on ‘HP’ to click on your printer in the ‘Printers’ list.
- This way if you’re able to find your printer then good enough as then you only need to follow the on-screen instructions.
And, if your printer is not in the list, further continue with HP wireless printer setup steps:
- Return back to ‘Find a Printer’
- Then you need to choose ‘Add a printer using TCP/IP Address’ and after that hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, what you need to do is, from the ‘Device type’ drop-down list, select ‘Auto detect’
- Then, into the pop-up text box manually type your printer’s IP address and further hit on ‘Next’ button
- Note: If you don’t know the IP address, you can find it easily, just print a ‘Network Configuration page’ or a ‘Wireless Network Test’ report.
- Lastly, wait until your printer and computer connect with each other and after that click on ‘Next’ to finally install the printer driver in Windows 10.
Step 4: Test to Print a Document:
- Before printing a test, also make sure to check the USB CONNECTION and to do that first of all disconnect your printer’s USB cable from your operating system and then again reconnect it back to the computer. That’s it!
- If you’ll be able to print at one go then it means the print driver is installed in Windows 10 correctly.
Step 5: Test to Scan a Document:
- Same as the above, if you’ll be able to scan, it means the built-in driver is installed and is working fine.
- And, if you don’t know how to scan with the inbuilt HP printer, what you can do, use ‘HP Scan and Capture App (USB connected printers)’, or ‘The printer Embedded Web Server (Network-connected printers)’, ‘Devices and Printers’, ‘Windows Scan App’ or ‘Windows Fax and Scan’, etc.
That’s it! This way you’ll be able to install and use the in-built HP Printer drivers. However, in case you are unable to install or use the in-built HP Printer drivers then what you can still do, visit one of the best considered technical websites i.e., “GetAssist” to get assistance for all your technical issues and needs.