Shatter, honey, honey oil, and wax are all referred to as Butane hash oil. If you want to consume shatter through vapes so that you get the “hit,” you may want to turn it to e-juice or e-liquid. So why concentrate? Changing shatter to e-liquid gives you a product you can consume through special tools known as vaporizers. Also known as vapes, vaporizers have been trending in the market for users. The health concerns linked to smoking marijuana is one reason that makes users want to use vapes. Most users are turning to vape in order to avoid the risks of smoking while being able to get the hit they need. So, let’s know what it takes to turn shatter to e-juice?
What is Shatter?
For those who may not know, shatter is an emulsifier with flavor that is touted as unique because of its perfect amber glass transparency. It is this feature that makes it be the cleanest and purest cannabis concentrate you can find in the market. The concentrate turns pure and attains the glass-like appearance because its molecules are not disturbed. Things like heat, high contents of terpene, and moisture may impact the texture of the concentrate. While there are many types of cannabis extracts, shatter is one of those that you can turn into vapable e-liquid.
e-Juice, also referred to as e-liquid or vape juice, is a liquid that you turn into vapor using a vaporizer or e-cigarettes. Vapors comprise vegetable glycerin along with glycol. In e-juice, you also find flavoring and nicotine accounting for about 8 to 10 of the content. Among the common types of e-liquids are PG e-liquid, salt nicotine e-liquid, VG e-liquid, and hemp oil vape.
How You Would Turn Shatter into e-Liquid
If you talk to most THC users, you find that they argue about using shatters. You may dab shatter, or you could turn it into e-liquid. Dabbing seems fine. However, it impacts your lungs, and many people don’t want this. It’s not so healthy for them. You can avoid this by turning it to e-liquid. Users love it when they add flavor and terpene to e-liquid. A thumb up with flavor is that it avoids the incidence where a user has to deal with a throat hit. Users feel that flavors offer a better high experience.
Let’s look at the different methods you can use to turn your shatter into e-liquid.
Method 1: Use of THC Cartridges
If you prefer using prefilled cartridges, that’s good- it helps you avert the lengthy preparation process. You need to keep the shatter within the parchment paper in case you are not using it. And remember to store it in a cool, dry place.
- Have all the tools and ingredients ready, including – syringe, vape pen, diluents or flavor, transparent glass, oven, or microwave.
- Place your shatter in the glass
- Put flavor
- Use a syringe to measure terpenes
- Now combine and mix your ingredients, then place the mixture in the microwave for about 10 seconds and don’t overheat.
- Use pipette filler or syringe to extract the vape juice then put it inside the oil chamber within the vape pen.
- Put the leftovers within dark-colored silicone bottles then store them in a cool, dry place
- Ensure you charge the vape pen prior to using it
- If you want to make the e-juice more viscous, you can add diluents or flavor.
The good thing with vape pens is that they help maintain the flavor. When you convert shatter into vape juice, you save more- it’s cost-effective. Using a vape pen can take you more than a month to consume about 5 grams of shatter.
Method 2: Slow Method
In this method, you will need to prepare about 0.50 grams or so of concentrate. Also have a small glass, metal dab tool, pot for boiling water, syringe, diluents or flavor, natural terpenes to use in flavoring, and a paperclip.
- Using a pot with a couple of inches of water, prepare a double boiler. Now take an empty glass bowl and place it over it.
- Let the fire within the double boiler remain at 80 degrees Celsius. Check for bubbles forming on the top to help know the right temperature, otherwise use a thermometer.
- Put shatter into a glass container and allow it to melt for about 5 minutes
- Put the diluents in the glass containing the shatter.
- Keep monitoring the temperature – let it go on for a few minutes
- Now stir the mixture making sure it is fully dissolved
- At this point, you may add any flavoring you like such as natural terpenes
- Now take a syringe and extract your vape liquid and drain it in your vape or vaporizer.
Method 3: 60- Second Extraction
Take 0.50 concentrate of shatter, metal dab tool, shot glass, diluents, syringe, paperclip, and flavoring.
- Put the concentrate within the shot glass
- Pour 35 drops of diluents using the syringe into the shot glass
- Put the mixture in the microwave and allow it to for about 10 seconds
- By stirring the mixture, make sure it dissolves completely
- Now extract your e-juice with a syringe and place it within a disposable cartridge.
These are three methods you can use when you want to turn your shatter into e-liquid, and you can see, it’s not difficult. When preparing your e-juice, ensure you choose the right terpenes.