Make sharing of your Wi-Fi password easy
You should always prefer to make a note of your Wi-Fi password so that you can get it immediately whenever need it. If you are facing difficulty as the Wi-Fi password is not present before you on the screen, then do not worry about it. Go through this blog and it will help you to solve this problem.
The method of sharing Wi-Fi password on iOS 11 and higher
- Firstly, ensure that iCloud keychain is turned on your iPhone.
- Then, click on the Settings application for opening it.
- After that, click on your name. It will be above the Settings option.
- Next, click on iCloud.
- Then, click on Keychain.
- After that, visit the Apple menu that will be present towards the right side corner of your Mac.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Press on iCloud.
Note: You need to sign in to the same iCloud ID on both of your device i.e. on iPhone and the Mac.
- Then, press the checkbox immediate after the Keychain. This will lead to the synchronization of the password from iPhone to Mac. You need to wait for some time for this process to be done.
- After that, go to the Keychain Access program.
- The simple method for letting it done is by going to the Spotlight search. For this, you can press the combination Command+Space bar.
- Then, write Keychain Access.
- After that, press the Return option.
- Next, go to the Search box, write the name of the Wi-Fi network for which you would prefer to know the password.
- At the search results, do a double click on the Wi-Fi network.
- Press the checkbox immediate after the Show password.
- Put the password — the one which you prefer for signing into your system in the window that gets displayed before you.
- Lastly, check that the Wi-Fi network password. It will get displayed in the ‘Show password’ section.
The method of searching the Wi-Fi password for your hotspot
- Firstly, go to Setting of your iPhone.
- Then, click on Personal Hotspot.
- After that, move the Personal Hotspot slider to on for enabling it.
- Next, check the Wi-Fi Password menu. Note that this is the password of your private hotspot that you require to share with your friends or whoever wants to get connected to your iPhone over Wi-Fi.
Davis Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Davis has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.