HP OfficeJet pro 8740
Get hold of the HP OfficeJet pro 8740 printer and enjoy printing, scanning along with fax and copy. It features two sided duplex printing and possesses a printing speed of 24ppm for black and white printouts. It has a paper tray which has a capacity of 2500 sheets and is well known for its added features like smart prints and AirPrint.
Initial printer setup
- Delicately unpack your printer and place it on the top a dust-free table.
- Visit the 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer control panel and set your preferences which include your region and language.
- The HP black and color ink cartridges will be available with the printer inside the box.
- Place the ink cartridges to the correct slots and thereafter plug your printer to the power source.
- Make sure to connect your printer as well as your desktop to the same local network and then proceed to the printer software download
HP OfficeJet pro 8740 Printer software
- The easiest way to download the printer software driver is by visiting the HP OfficeJet pro 8740 official website and downloading the setup link. Thereafter you can complete the printer driver installation steps.
- There is another way to download the driver that is with the help of the printer installation disk.
- Start the installation step by placing the disk in to your system and wait for some time.
- The system will automatically start running the CD and the setup file will be downloaded to your system.
- After the setup file has been launched, select the Installation Wizard and accept to all the terms and conditions mentioned on the device screen.
- You can perform a test print to check whether the printer is running fine.
HP OfficeJet 8740 troubleshoot issue
- If there is an ink system failure, try to rest your printer or replace the ink cartridges.
- When the printer is offline, it is advisable to reboot your printer by switching it off and then switching it on again. Also, ensure to check whether the printer is plugged in to your system.