How to Buy Your Air Conditioning System Direct to Save Thousands of Dollars
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) is not something you probably think much about … that is, until it gets either too hot or too cold … or something breaks! HVAC is a part of our everyday lives and really is the key to being comfortable and enjoying the spaces in which we live and work.
It’s also something that most homeowners don’t have much familiarity with, beyond the fact that: Furnaces keep you warm; Air Conditioners keep you cool; and if one of them breaks, it’s time to call the local service company to come in and give you a new heating and cooling system.
And that is what the HVAC Industry wants you do.
There is, however, a secret in how to save thousands of dollars on your heating and cooling system:
- Homeowners can buy the equipment direct, have it shipped to their home, and save the thousands of dollars in markup charged by the local service company.
The Secret is Out
That’s right, the industry of local service providers’ most guarded secret is that you don’t have to buy the equipment through them.
Most homeowners don’t know they can buy the equipment direct (or if they do it’s intimidating), so they call a local HVAC installer who sells them the service plus the equipment — at a huge markup. Online sellers, like the industry-leading HVACDirect.com, offer furnace and AC systems at wholesale pricing – delivered right to the home, ready for installation.
A homeowner can save thousands on a new air conditioning and heating system by buying the equipment direct. The average savings is $4,000 per order — and can be as much as $6,000-$10,000 depending on the size of your home.
The goal of wholesalers like HVACDirect.com is to educate the customer about this opportunity and help them save as much money as possible while getting what they need for their home. HVAC products are some of the largest investments an individual can purchase for their home, and not many people are well educated on this topic. The goal is to change the pattern by empowering customers and teaching them about the options they have.
Demystifying Heating and Cooling
Saving money sounds great, of course, but not many homeowners know much about heating and cooling. This can lead to uncertainty about how to buy these products.
The process is a lot easier than you’d think so the wholesalers have created an easy 3-step process:
1) Decide if you’re happy with what you have, or if you want something else.
– Most homeowners who have AC and Heat are just looking for an upgrade or replacement. Simply lookup the specs on that current system and now you have your shopping list! (Tonnage, SEERs, and setup: split system, packaged, etc.)
– If you want to change something (like add AC to your home), call an installer to come in and let you know what you need based on your specific situation; then book them to come back and install it once the equipment arrives.
2) Buy Direct and Save!
– Take your shopping list either from your installer or your previous unit and go online to a wholesale site and place your order. Most sites have detailed info on the units, plus what accessories or components you might need. Look for a wholesaler, too, that has customer service hours available in case you have a question. They can easily walk you through what you need.
The unit should show up in about 3 – 5 days!
3) Contact a local installer to put in your equipment.
– Most HVAC systems are not DIY projects, so you still need to have an installer come out, but you’ll notice a huge price difference without the equipment markup.
That’s it! Three easy steps to save thousands of dollars. And the biggest part of all is just realizing that this option is even there.
For more on this, you can reach out to a wholesaler, like HVACDirect.com, who helped with this article by providing information on industry practices and the steps involved in buying direct. Their customer service hours are M-F 8am-10pm and Sat. 10-4 EST; 1-800-397-1392.