Some pests are just that―pests that do not really cause any harm or danger in or around our homes or yards, but they do pester us, and we simply do not want them around. Other insects, rodents, and wildlife pests can cause significant damage or spread disease to people or our pets. However, Team Veterans Pest Control efforts can reduce or eliminate both pesty pests and harmful pests. While before hire team you need to know about the type of pests. Keep reading:
· Stink bugs (these bugs are a significant nuisance!).
· Most spiders (except for spiders that are poisonous).
· Earwigs (which do not really get in people’s ears).
· Rats and mice – rodents not only cause significant damage with their gnawing and nesting, but their urine and droppings can also spread disease, and their numbers can grow very quickly, increasing the damage and potential for disease.
· Bedbugs – having reinvaded the U.S. in the last couple of decades after being relatively extinct, bedbugs are biting more and more sleeping children and adults in hotels, homes, and other places.
· Mosquitoes and ticks – with their bites, these insects not only cause irritation, but their feeding on our blood can also be transmitting disease directly back into our systems.
· Termites – which cause more than a billion dollars damage every year in the U.S. alone.
· Cockroaches – known to contaminate food and spread disease (such as the foodborne disease Salmonellosis), cockroaches’ tendency to shelter behind walls and in other hidden areas during the day and appear at night to seek out food and water, means that they are often unseen until their populations have built to incredible numbers – and their potential for harm is significant.
· House flies – although house and cluster flies are definitely a pesky pest, they also can transmit Salmonella, E. coli, Vibrio, and Shigella in their feces and the vomit they regurgitate to digest their food.
· Ants – such as fire ants—whose bites have been known to kill, and small ants that get into and contaminate food in the home.
· Raccoons – These wildlife animals can be very aggressive if approached; they will seek shelter and breed in attics and crawlspaces, and their bite can spread disease.
As it would take an entire website to list all the pests that exist in the U.S. and the world, this is just a small sampling, but sufficient for the purpose of explaining why we need pest control. It is also important to mention that there are, of course, many insects and wildlife animals that live outdoors and do not invade our homes, damage our yards, or otherwise cause us harm. Since we do not consider these to be pests, we do not address them here.
Why You Need Regular Pest Control
Pests Pose Real Health Threats
Public health officials attribute our current, clean quality of living to three very important variables: top-notch vaccines and medications, vastly improved sanitation, and high-quality pest control. Some of the most common pests, such as rodents, ticks, and mosquitoes, can transfer terrible diseases. Mice and rats can carry Hantavirus, which can be fatal if passed on to a human. Ticks carry Lyme disease, which comes with flu-like symptoms. Mosquitoes can carry a host of different illnesses, from the West Nile Virus to Zika. It is impossible to know if a pest is carrying a disease or not, which is why it is best to err on the side of caution.
Damage to Property and Belongings
Many home-invading pests find their way into your home in the first place because they have found a source of food. Wood-faring bugs, such as termites and carpenter ants, can tear your home apart. They hide within the walls, so they often cause a lot of damage before anyone even notices they are there. Other pests, such as carpet beetles and silverfish, are attracted to organic fibres, and therefore love to munch on your belongings. Couches, clothing, blankets, and towels are just some of the items at risk for damage. So, hire pest control professionals, they will come to survey the area in and around your home, to keep pests that you might not even be aware of under control.
Keep Food Safe & Healthy
Pest control is necessary in both residential and commercial settings, especially when it comes to food. Businesses in the food service industry often deal with scrap-eating pests, such as cockroaches and rodents. In homes, pests such as odorous house ants and meal moths will find their way into your pantry and make a meal out of your favourite snacks. Further still, many pests, such as aphids, can stop the proper growth of fruits and vegetables in your garden. Many of the pests carry diseases, or at the very least will contaminate your food by living in it. The easiest way to keep your food safe from pests is to contact with professional Pest Control in Myrtle Beach.
One thing is for certain; a pest free home is a happy home. Even the sign of the tiniest unwanted creature can cause a huge headache. While you hire experts, they provide you pest control plan includes year-round bi-monthly inspections, and both indoor and outdoor treatments to stop all pests. Just give them a call, and they will handle the rest.
There are many benefits to seeking professional pest control services when you are facing an infestation in your home. These benefits go well beyond simply ridding your home and family of the nuisances of these pests and can help to keep you safe and healthy. Pest control is necessary in your home and around your property because infesting bugs or rodents can introduce disease, bite, or injure your family and pets, put your food at risk through contamination or compromise the structural integrity of your house. When you choose to use professional pest control services, you are choosing to keep your family and your home safe, healthy and free of any potential dangers that these pests can potentially pose to your loved ones.