When it comes to your company, you may want to do all you can to improve the energy efficiency of your organization and in the process reduce your carbon footprint as well. This should enable you to get a better rating and in the process, get more visibility, recognition and even new customers. If you are wondering how to improve the energy efficiency at your office, then you may want to check out the following tips and suggestions.
- Use Natural Light: You may want to install skylights in each room or large windows that let in more natural light. Rather than depend on artificial lights all the time, you could use natural lighting, and opt for artificial lighting when it starts to get dark, towards the evening. This should help make your organization more energy efficient and in the process even whittle down that huge power bill.
- Freezer Curtains: You may want to opt for freezer curtains as they are quite effective at insulating the room and retaining the cold air in, effectively. This should help you minimize the cost of the large walk-in freezer and at the same time, to continue enjoying the same functionality. What should be pointed out is the fact that these freezer curtains do not cost much and can be installed easily and that too in very less time.
- Strip Doors: You may also want to opt for plastic strip doors, as they are quite effective in keeping the work environments separate. Moreover, they can help keep out all the dust and grime and even help promote better workflow. What’s more, these curtains can even help promote productivity and in the process, it can even help make you more competitive as well.
- LED Lights: You may want to replace all the incandescent lamps in your office with LED ones; these consume less power and last for much longer periods than the usual lamps. Do note that LED lamps may seem to be slightly priced higher than the traditional lamps but when you work in their life span, you can see that it is indeed an advantage to use LED over traditional lamps.
- Laptops Instead of Desktops: The fact is that laptops consume less power than desktops. So you may want to ask your employees to shift towards laptops from desktops and phase out the same from the office. This should definitely help make your office more energy efficient and in the process, it can even help your employees to streamline their work effectively.
- Hibernation: You can also request your employees to use the hibernation feature on their laptops when they take a break. This would enable the laptop to stop consuming more power, to save the work and even to display the same when the user returns. This should help make your office energy efficient.
- Upgrade and Update: You may also want to phase out old electrical devices and upgrade the same. The fact is that old equipment may consume more power and they would not be as effective when it comes to energy efficiency or functionality. And that is all the more reason as to why you should consider phasing them out and upgrading them with better, and more energy efficient devices.
- Do an Energy Audit: You may also want to do an energy audit at your office; this should enable you to see how much power your office consumes each day. It should allow you to track power usage and you should be able to check out and see what you can do to help make your office more energy efficient.
These are some of the tips that you can act on right away; they should certainly help make you more energy efficient and at the same time, help reduce the carbon footprint of your organization as well. You may also want to communicate your goal to make your office more energy efficient and ask your employees to collaborate for the same as well.