ITIL is the pre-eminent framework for managing the delivery of IT services worldwide. ITIL defines a service life cycle model that prescribes specific processes and activities during the design, development, delivery, and support of IT services. IT services are any IT activity that delivers commercial value to the end-users and customers of a company. Examples of IT services consist of centralized corporate email and corporate websites based on background. IT processes, such as server and network management.
The benefits of ITIL Training include lower cost of development and implementation of services, better customer satisfaction with service delivery, higher productivity of IT staff, quality improvements, better service management metrics, and greater flexibility in adapting services to changing company requirements.
ITIL offers five different levels of certification
• Intermediate (Services Lifecycle and Service Capability categories)
ITIL Certification Levels
The ITIL Foundation course contains the basics of ITIL and is where most newbies begin the ITIL learning process and are certified. The certification has no prerequisites, and anyone interested in the subject can present for ITIL Certification Exam.
ITIL OSA COURSE
ITIL Expert – ITIL Expert after ITIL V3 Foundation Certification is an advanced certification that covers the breadth and depth of ITIL processes and practices in all ITIL disciplines. The ITIL Expert certification is a prerequisite for the ITIL Master certification.
ITIL Master – The ITIL Master certification demonstrates the ability to apply the ITIL framework in real-world situations. The ITIL Master covers all the principles and processes of ITIL covered in the Foundation through expert certifications.
How much does an ITIL certification cost?
To find out the cost of an ITIL certification, each of them must be analyzed individually. ITIL Foundation Certificationcost, Practitioner certification cost, and Master certification cost may vary. The registration fees of the exam vary according to different locations taken by the accredited institution. This will depend on the ITIL Course taken. In total, including exams and courses, it is around $150 to $500. Similarly, the price varies depending on the choice of accredited institutions, where the required courses are taken. The amount is much higher, reaching the US $ 5,000.
How to get the ITIL certificate?
If you have put your eyes on the ITIL Foundation Certification Training, you will surely wonder how it can be achieved. For this, several different aspects have to be taken into account, which we will discuss next.
ITIL and its certifications
Initially and before talking about this certificate, it is very important to be clear about what ITIL is. As he is one of the current standards of May use for the management of information technology services.
Every day there are more public and private companies that adopt these practices, and that is why the ITIL certificate is presented as a certification of such importance.
Now, it is very important to understand that the ITIL Certification scheme does not only present a certification level but also presents 5. Each of them presents an approach based on the different areas of IT and also presents different degrees of detail.
It is important to know that each of the certification levels belongs to a greater degree of knowledge. In this way, level one or Foundation is oriented to all professionals. On the other hand, the levels of Master or Expert certification are aimed at those people who belong to the executive level as well as middle managers who have more knowledge and also more experience.
ITIL certificate requirements
- The ITIL V3 Certification at the Foundation level requires having two credits. This is the entry certification and is given to those who handle basic knowledge. It is advisable to take the Foundation course, although it is not a requirement. Of course, you have to take the 40-question exam. To overcome it, you have to have 65 percent positive responses.
- The intermediate level requires the overcoming of several modules that provide each one with three credits. Each of these modules gives a certificate, for example, the Service Strategy, the Service Design, or the Continuous Improvement Certificate. In this case, it is required of the ITIL Foundation certificate to take the module course in an accredited institution. And also an 8-question exam with complex cases that must be answered positively by at least 70% to pass.
- On the other hand, there is the ITIL Expert certificate after ITIL Foundation Training, which is achieved automatically after earning 22 credits in the previous levels. It is a certification that does not require an exam. But five credits must be obtained with the Service Life Cycle Management module, 15 with the Service Life Cycle or Service Capacity chain, and 2 with the first level.
- Finally, for the certification of the ITIL Master level, it is first necessary to have achieved the ITIL Expert certification. Likewise, it takes five years of experience in executive advice or leadership positions. Practical experience must also be demonstrated through the evaluation made by a colleague.
Route to Certification
There are many possible combinations of ITIL framework modules available for those who wish to obtain the ITIL Expert certificate, but there are a few requirements:
- All candidates must have the ITIL Foundation certificate or a Bridge certification certificate
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum total of 17 credits from the Foundation and Intermediate modules.
- Some credits of previous qualifications and complementary certifications may also count for these 17 credits. Check the ITIL Credit System page for more information.
- The module, all life cycle management (MALC), must be taken and approved to reach a total of 22 credits, which is the minimum need for the ITIL Expert certificate.
Once you have completed all the necessary ITIL modules and obtained sufficient credits, you will have achieved a balanced knowledge throughout the life cycle of the ITIL service. And you will be able to obtain the ITIL Expert certificate. There are institutes like Vinsys that provide certification courses in IT service management, Project Management and Language training.