What is IVF?
IVF also is known as In-Vitro Fertilization, is the process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body or in vitro (in a petri dish). As an assisted reproductive technology it has emerged as the most popular infertility treatment along with gestational surrogacy. Since 1978 an estimated 8 million test tube babies have been born globally.
With the birth of the first scientifically documented test-tube baby, way back in 1986, India officially entered the brave new world of assisted conception. The success rate through IVF treatment in Hyderabad is increasing in every age group as the techniques are refined and doctors becoming more experienced. There are an estimated 1500 to 2000 IVF centers in India.
It is estimated that more than 10% of women aged 15 to 49 worldwide suffer from infertility issues and as such require the services of IVF clinics or hospitals. IVF treatment in Hyderabad is being provided by reputed IVF clinics such as Kiran Infertility Centre for every type of infertility disorders.
Many of these centers in Hyderabad are getting higher than normal success rates because of use of newer technologies such as Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Where the sperm is injected into the egg to improve the chances of fertilization) and assisted hatching (where an incision is made on the shell outside the embryo to increase the chances of implantation in the uterus).
India is fast emerging as the hub for IVF and surrogacy registering a CAGR of 14% with the market value touching to more than Rs.14.2 billion. Many IVF clinics in India especially those in Hyderabad are providing IVF treatment to help people unable to conceive attain the chance to get pregnant and happy lives.
Some of the disorders treated at these clinics such as Kiran Infertility Centre include-
- Fallopian Tubes – Blocked or damaged
- Disorders involving ovulation
- Low sperm count or other disorders related to sperm
- Endometriosis – A disorder in which tissues grow outside the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries instead of inside. But in rare cases, it can also occur in other parts of the body.
Parameters for choosing a clinic for IVF treatment - an overview
Nevertheless, the choice of getting IVF treatment in Hyderabad through reputed clinics is a good option if the patient or person going for IVF treatment takes into account the following parameters such as-
- The basic or advanced infrastructure of the hospital or clinic
- The patient care facilities being provided at the clinic or hospital
- Specialized doctors or experts in IVF treatment in terms of their skills, experience, and contributions in IVF treatment
- Hygiene and sanitation of the hospital
- The laboratories of the clinic or hospital are duly accredited
- The cost involved in IVF treatment at the concerned clinic or hospital
The above-mentioned parameters when adhered to can result in successful IVF treatment at the clinic chosen for infertility treatment.
Required Tests for Men & Women Before IVF
Test of women before IVF
- Fallopian tube examination: The fallopian tube has the most important role in a natural pregnancy. The process of embryo formation takes place in the fallopian tube, so it is necessary for the tube to be in the correct position and smooth. Pregnancy is not possible due to tube infection or any kind of blockage. As many cases of childlessness occur in women, most of them have blockage or disorder in the tube. The woman's tube is examined before starting IVF treatment.
- Examination of the eggs in the ovaries: Ultrasound of the ovaries is done to know the condition of the ovaries. Some hormones in the blood are examined during the first few days of menstruation to find out the number and quality of eggs, including the phallic stimulating hormone, the antral fascicle count, and the antimalarial hormone.
- Uterine examination: Before starting IVF, doctors check whether the uterus is functioning properly. Sonography of the uterus is done because after becoming a fetus, it has to develop in the uterus itself and take birth.
- Blood tests: In addition to other tests of fertility in women, some blood tests are done in which HIV and other infections, prolactin, thyroid, etc. are seen.