It is very unfortunate when you have to cancel your vacation that you have been planning for a long time. But for me, it was good news as I got to know that I was about to be a father. I thought of celebrating Christmas in NYC this year with my wife for which I made reservations in the summers itself to avoid the hike in prices during the peak season. I was on cloud nine when I got the news and totally forgot about the vacation that I had planned. Thank god that I had made the reservations with JetBlue Airlines as the JetBlue cancelation policy is quite user-friendly.
The JetBlue cancellation policy says that the passengers who made a reservation with JetBlue Airlines and wish to cancel the tickets within 24 hours of the purchase will not be charged with any cancellation fee. The brownie point here is that under this circumstance they will also get a refund of the whole amount. Unfortunately, I was not one of those as it had been more than 24 hours from the time of purchase.
JetBlue cancelation policy
I went to the JetBlue cancelation policy page and got the below-mentioned information there:
- If the amount of your fare is $200 or more (relevant to all Mint fares) then the cancellation charge will be $200.
- In case the cost of the ticket is between $150 to $199.99 then the JetBlue cancellation rate will be $150
- If the cost of the ticket bought is between $100 to $149.99 then the cancellation charge will be $100.
- In case the amount of the ticket is below $100 then the cancellation charge will be $75.
- If the reservation is done with a period of 7 days or more prior to the departure of the JetBlue flight then the passenger can cancel it without any JetBlue cancellation fee. Make sure that the cancellation process is done within 24 hours of the purchase.
- The refund of the flight will be credited for the future purchase of JetBlue flights only.
- In case the passenger does not cancel the flight prior to the registered departure then there will be no refund made whatsoever.
How to Cancel Jetblue Reservations?
- For JetBlue cancellation, go to the official website JetBlue Airlines so that you are able to log in to the account that you have created with the Airline. (The option of login can easily be seen on the right-hand side of the Homepage.)
- Once you are on the homepage, make a selection on the tab that says “My Trips” or “ My Bookings”.
- Now you need to choose the trip that you envy to drop.
- Now a popup window will appear on the screen where you will have to confirm that you are sure to cancel the reservation selected.
- Once you hit on the confirmation button the reservations will be cancelled officially.
- For the passengers who do not wish to cancel the ticket by an online procedure, they can connect to the staff of JetBlue 800-JET-BLUE (538-2583).
Refunds according to JetBlue Cancellation policy:
Once I went to the page of cancellation policy I got to know that the airline provides two kinds of tickets to the travellers of JetBlue. One of them is Nonrefundable fare and the other one is Refundable fare. The following offerings will be made as per the JetBlue Cancellation policy.
The travellers who have bought the nonrefundable tickets can definitely cancel the ticket purchases but it is important to do it before the departure of the flight via the website. Or else the passenger will be not able to get the amount back and lose all of it.
- The remainder amount after the cancellation will be yielded to the credit card of the particular passenger. The refunded balance can be used while booking future tickets.
- If the customer does not cancel the booking before the departure of the flight, then s/he will not be eligible for any refund.
The customer who has bought a refundable ticket will be acknowledged for a full refund if they vacate the booking prior to the departure of the flight.
- The balance amount will be transferred to the credit card of the respective passenger. This is applicable even if the passenger has not cancelled the reservation prior to the departure.
- The passengers can use the amount for an entire year from the date of issue.
- Please record that the refundable tickets may not be accessible on all the flights.
you need more details on the JetBlue
Cancellation policy then please visit Reservations Number.