Unfortunately, there comes a time in every car owner’s life, when his old, reliable car, who has been a constant companion in both major escapades and getaways along with mundane daily schedules, can no longer continue. There will come a time, when it will reach its very last stage, and can no longer serve you or a new owner. It will be a time of sadness, mourning, nostalgia, and the time to bid it goodbye. Well, there are several ways you could part away with your old car.
You could, for instance, donate your car, or sell off the individual functioning parts separately. Or even better, you could contact junk buyers. Ideally, you would want to sell off your car to a junkyard or junk buyer service that’s closer to home. This is one of the best ways to handle a situation when your car is old beyond repair, and even your mechanic doesn’t know what’s wrong or rather right with it. Instead of forking out your entire life’s savings on repairing this hopeless junk, it’s best you contact a car removal company, and earn cash for your used car. Scrap Cars is one such Newcastle based service that’s best known for exchanging your old junk cars for a good amount of cash. They will take away your car from your home and make sure to leave behind top cash for it.
Consider these points before you give away your car to a car removal company
Finally, you have reached that difficult, yet enlightening crossroad in life when you have realized that your car has served you well for years, but it isn’t going to anymore. There has come a time when it’s more costly to fix your car than it’s worth. And that finally the time has come for you to contact a scrap car removal company. But, what qualities or facilities should this service have/provide? Well, that’s for us to decide. Read on to know what makes up the perfect car removal service.
- Local company: First and foremost, you should ensure that you are dealing with a local company. This will ensure that their services cover your area and your time is not wasted. Also, they are more likely to give you a higher price for your car because of the low transportation costs.
- Free towing: Yes, you should make sure that the company you choose is offering you free towing services and will not charge or deduct any amount for that. There shouldn’t be any hidden fees and whatever price the deal was fixed at is handed over.
- Transferred liabilities: Whenever you are getting rid of your old car, you should make sure that all the liabilities are now transferred to its new owner. Before the driver departs, make sure to sign and fill out the registration form by him. A bill of sale is also a good piece of evidence that the car is no longer yours.
- Matches quote: When you first contact a car removal company, they are most likely to offer you a price quote over the phone. And then often, when they come to pick your car up, they tend to pay a lower price. This shouldn’t take place with the service you choose. You should ensure that you receive the full amount as had been negotiated and decided earlier.
- No check payment: Also, you shouldn’t ever finalise a deal with a company who offers a check payment. In worst case scenarios, the check may never clear. So, always go for companies who offer you cash at the time of the vehicle pick up. You need to have the full payment in hand, before your car is taken away.
So, these were some of the points that need to be present in your checklist when you are on the lookout for a great car removal company. When these points are fulfilled, you can hand over your old junk car to the service without a speck of doubt in mind.