Aging, constant exposure to pollution and sun damage takes a toll on our skin leading to the formation of wrinkles, fine lines, abnormal pigmentation and uneven skin tone, eventually making it unattractive and lifeless. Laser skin resurfacing treatment is a cosmetic procedure that helps in correcting all these skin issues and advanced laser technology used in this field had led to perfection and extreme precision along with a new level of control in laser resurfacing. Skin laser treatment is also known as laser peel o laser vaporization.
Benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Laser skin rejuvenation can help in correcting facial flaws caused by aging and sun damage.
– It corrects both static and dynamic wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, mouth and forehead
– It removes warts and scars caused by acne, pimples and chicken pox
– It removes pigmentation, liver spots, sun spots and freckles caused by prolonged sun exposure
– It shrinks the prominent and enlarged oil glands on the nose
– It works as a skin lightening treatment and improves complexion
The Procedure of Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Laser resurfacing is a safe and less invasive skin laser treatment that is completed within a couple of hours and helps in enhancing the youthfulness and beauty of the skin.
– An experienced cosmetic surgeon determines how a particular candidate can benefit from a skin resurfacing treatment.
– A laser skin resurfacing process can be performed in a hospital or an outpatient facility.
– Although, local anesthesia is commonly used to perform the procedure, a more extensive procedure may require intravenous anesthesia.
– In this procedure, a special laser with a controlled beam of laser light is used to vaporize the outer layers of the skin in order to reveal the younger-looking layer of the skin beneath.
– This skin rejuvenation procedure removes oil layers of skin and stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
– While a partial resurfacing procedure takes 30 to 45 minutes, a complete treatment can take 2 hours.
Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
There are two types of laser resurfacing treatments that are commonly used for skin rejuvenation and in each procedure the damaged skin cells at the surface level are effectively vaporized.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing – The CO2 Laser Resurfacing treatment is the most advanced high-intensity laser treatment available that treats a number of issues like wrinkles, fine lines, warts, scars, enlarge pores on nose, etc. The heat generated by the laser restricts the collagen bands of the lower dermis and provides an evener and firmer appearance to the skin. This procedure is also used to treat earliest stages of skin cancer.
Read More: How To Make Siri Mad
Erbium Laser Resurfacing – Erbium laser resurfacing is less powerful but more precise compared to CO2 laser resurfacing. It is intended to remove surface-level wrinkles on face, neck and hands, and it causes minimal burning of the surrounding tissue. This procedure has fewer side effects like bruising, swelling and redness and faster recovery time compared to CO2 laser resurfacing treatment. It is suitable for patients who want to treat minimal wrinkles and fine lines.
Recovery and Results of Laser Skin Resurfacing Procedure
The results of laser skin resurfacing treatment depend on various factors, like the type of laser being used and the extent of the area being treated.
– Invasive laser treatments can bring about amazing improvements, but it will also require prolonged time of recovery extending to a few weeks.
– A less invasive laser rejuvenation treatment is effective for correcting slight imperfections and requires very less recovery time.
– Patients can experience certain minor side effects such as swelling, redness and moderate irritation.
– In rare cases, side effects like scarring, burning and change in pigmentation have taken place.
– The dermatologist will discuss and review the potential risks and complications of a laser skin resurfacing treatment with the patient before going ahead with the procedure.
– A successful laser skin resurfacing treatment leads to fading away of the wrinkles and fine lines and the emergence of new skin during the healing process that is smoother, healthier and brighter.
– It also corrects uneven skin pigmentation, sun spots, freckles and other skin discolorations.
The Ideal Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Laser skin resurfacing is the best cosmetic procedure for patients who are looking to treat wrinkles, fine lines, and facial scars left by acne and pimples.
– An ideal candidate for laser skin resurfacing treatment should have elastic and non-oily skin tone that does not form scars even after minor injuries.
– It is best to perform laser skin resurfacing treatment on a person who has no serious health conditions that can lead to difficulties during the procedure of recovery.
– A perfect candidate should have realistic expectations from the procedure.
– The candidates should educate themselves about the pros and cons of the procedure beforehand.
– People with lighter skin tone are better candidates for laser skin resurfacing procedure because there is less risk of side-effects such as permanent skin discoloration.
When done by a qualified cosmetic surgeon, laser skin resurfacing treatments are a safe and permanent way of correcting various forms of skin damage.