A presentation is the key to expertise. Start by downloading the free PowerPoint templates and then follow these tips to create your next presentation.
No matter what topic you choose, PowerPoints that are successful depend on three key factors: your ability to use PowerPoint's design tools and your attention to presentation process. These are some tips that will help you master each of these factors. Don't forget the extra resources at the end of this article.
Tips to Make Effective PowerPoint Presentations
- Use the slide master feature while creating a design template. Although you can change the content presentation (bulleted or two-column text, text and image, etc.), it is acceptable. Keep consistency with other elements like fonts, colors, backgrounds, and backgrounds.
- Reduce the amount of text on each screen by simplifying and limiting its size. Use key phrases to convey only the essential information.
- Avoid using all capital letters and limit punctuation. Reading the slide in its entirety will improve readability.
- Contrasting colors are best for background and text. It is best to use light text against a dark background. Reading ability can be reduced by patterns.
- Avoid using flashy transitions like text fly-ins. These features can look great at first, but they quickly become distracting and tiresome.
- Your presentation may become too animated or use sounds and animations, which can negatively impact your credibility.
- Images that support and compliment your message should be high-quality. Make sure your image is clear and sharp when projected on larger screens.
- Builds (lines of text that appear each time you click on the mouse) will cause content to appear on the screen in a consistent and simple way. It is better to have it from the top or the left. Builds can slow down your presentation, so only use the feature when it is necessary.
- Limit the number slides. Presenters who "flip" from one slide to the next are more likely to lose their audience. A slide per minute is a good rule of thumb.
- You can navigate your presentation in nonlinear ways. PowerPoint lets the presenter jump ahead or back, without needing to go through all of the interim slides.
- Learn how to move forward and backward within your presentation. Many times, audience members ask for a screen from the past.
- If you can, see your slides on the screen that will be used for your presentation. Slides should be legible from the back row. The text and graphics should be large enough for you to read, but not too large to make it difficult to hear.
Have you recently been given an important project? This might be a great opportunity for you to incorporate your ideas into a PowerPoint presentation and showcase the same to your clients. Here is where you might need to stop a bit and think which would be the ideal template to choose that can leave a lasting impression on your clients?
Power of a Right Template
Templates need not necessarily have to be layouts or themes that set the tone for your presentation. It can be anything from colors, styles, and effects. Choosing the right template ensures to keep your audience engaged and get interested in what you have to say.
If you are not happy with the standard PowerPoint templates, you can check out other themes and styles on SlideModel.com. They are one of the leading providers of editable presentation templates. You can easily download the template of your choice and start using it for your presentations. If you want to make changes or incorporate your company logo on the template, you can do that also.
Ensure that you download genuine templates from credible sites. Know what exactly you are looking for and search for those templates online.
Now how do you decide on the right template? The below tips might come in handy:
- Who is your target audience?
- Are you presenting your deck or mailing it to your clients to view on their own?
- Try being flexible with your presentation and keep it simple
- Choose different styles and layouts based on the content
- Keep in mind the correct font, colors, and effects
- Will the template convey the right message to your audience?
If you want to customize a template, then you can make changes in the parent layout so that it can reflect in all the other layouts. Do not forget to make changes in the Notes and Handout Master also.
Improve Your Company Branding with the Right Template
Many people do not see the importance of presentations templates. Here is where they go wrong, and the presentations end up making the audience bored. Some of the key benefits of using the right template include:
- Data can be represented both via text and graphics
- Usage of graphs, charts, and pie charts keeps the audience engaged and offers accurate information
- Presentations can be divided into sub-topics making it easier for audiences to follow
- It saves time and effort as you need not have to create a design or layout for your deck
- Formatting and other minute details are all taken care of by your presentation template
When you are presenting your deck, ensure that you incorporate your company logo. This not only improves the brand image of your company but will also make your deck look presentable.
You can even go into presentation mode to check how your overall deck looks. This will also let you see from the audience’s point of view and help you make any changes.
The right presentation template can help determine the content of your deck. Slide Master can come in handy here to ensure that every slide is having a common theme and looks cohesive.