To say that mobile sports betting is the way of the future would be a bit of a mistake, because statistics show that mobile betting is now. Mobile betting is estimated to make up the majority of the online betting market and will continue to grow in the coming years.
Below we will share useful information on the differences between mobile devices and computers, how to make a reliable mobile sports bet, and we will detail the biggest frustrations and obstacles a bettor can face when placing bets from a mobile phone online.
What is mobile sports betting
Online betting sites are recognizing the trend towards smartphone and tablet use and are responding accordingly. All the leading bookmakers on the internet these days offer mobile online betting options. Some sites have developed apps to simplify sports betting, while others have focused their efforts on mobile versions of their web resources.
Regardless of which site you choose, one thing is certain: whether you are watching a game in a bar or on the road, you should be able to place all the bets offered to bettors from your phone. If you want to place simple Champions League bets, be sure to check out Bet9ja mobile.
How mobile betting differs from computer betting
The term “mobile betting” simply means betting on a mobile device, be it a smartphone or tablet. Plus, it is exactly the same as regular bets (at least when it comes to the types of bets and the odds you will face).
All the differences between online mobile and table betting are related to the wagering process and visuals.
Since phones have smaller screens than desktops and laptops, bookmakers cannot fit the same configuration and graphics into the same space.
How to place bets on a mobile device
Each bookmaker's layout will be different, but placing a bet on a phone is very similar to predictions from a PC. Let's take a look at how to place your first mobile bid:
- log into your account (on the mobile site or in the mobile application);
- click the sport you want to bet on;
- click on the game you want to bet on;
- go to the "Bet Coupon" on the website;
- enter your rate;
- confirm your bid!
Everything is quite simple, the main thing is to be careful, check the data you enter and try to play on the condition of a good Internet connection.
Possible difficulties with mobile bets
Mobile betting is not completely equivalent to computer betting, and they have several problems:
- Constant page switching - Depending on which mobile sports betting or online betting app you are using, you may need to navigate to different pages to see the spread, money line and total for the same game;
- Sign Out. When you place your bets on your phone, you can bet on a game that is not yet complete. One of the keys to successful bets during a game is timely information about its status. Obtaining this information can create login problems!
Tip for iPhone users: A password manager helps speed things up without using the Remember Me feature on login pages (which carry certain security risks). When you click on the password field, your iPhone automatically asks if you want to enter the saved password for this site.