IBC releases an annual list of Canada's most stolen cars.
Canada's bestselling automobile is also its stolen. According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), the Ford F-series of trucks are popular with automobile thieves throughout the nation. In its yearly book of the most stolen vehicles in Canada, Ford pickups took two from those 10 spots.
The 10 most stolen vehicles in Canada: Ford F-series owners take note!
- 2007 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
- 2015 Lexus GX460 AWD SUV
- 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4WD Pickup
The results are much like the past year's most stolen vehicles list at which the Ford F-series of trucks dominated by just taking eight of 10 spots. In reality, the pickups have mastered the IBC's most stolen record for ages.
Automobile theft is on the rise in Canada
Cars are stolen for a number of factors. Stolen vehicles could be offered to unsuspecting motorists that are unaware they're purchasing a stolen automobile, scrapped for parts, or used to commit a second crime, states that the IBC. Frequently, stolen vehicles are smuggled from the nation for resale elsewhere.
Motor vehicle theft is unbelievably common and has become much more regular: there were nearly 85,000 reported car thefts this past year, based on Statistics Canada, representing a six percent increase from the year before. That is about 233 vehicles per day being obtained.
How can automobile theft affect your auto insurance premiums?
If your car insurance plan consists of comprehensive coverage, the probability of your vehicle being stolen will likely affect the premium you pay. That is an optional policy that will help offset the costs of repair or replacement if your car or truck is taken. Additionally, it protects you from vandalism and other non-collision related harm.
With this policy in place, your insurer will appear at theft charges in your town and if not your car is a favorite choice by burglars. If in either case, the odds are higher for thieving, your premiums will reflect this extra risk. Driving a car that's more vulnerable to theft, consequently, will probably lead to a greater premium.
Ideas to prevent Your Car or Truck from being stolen
If you drive a car that's a frequent target for thieves or not, the IBC provides these tips to safeguard your car or truck from theft.
- Never leave your car running when unattended, even if it's only for a moment.
- Park at well-lit Locations.
- Make sure the windows are shut and the doors are secured once you leave your automobile.
- Set valuables and packages in the trunk.
- Never make cash in the vehicle in plain sight.
- Never leave a spare key or GPS in the automobile.
- Maintain your vehicle in the garage at nighttime.
- Do not leave personal information in the glove box. Require your insurance and possession records with you everywhere you park your automobile.
Automobile theft can be on the rise, but you can Reduce Your Auto Insurance rate
Among the most crucial things in lowering your auto insurance policy rate and receiving the very best policy for your needs would be to look around and compare insurance quotes. In InsuranceHotline.com you are able to do exactly that in moments. Compare car insurance quotes now from our community of over 30 insurance companies to get the best price for the policy you want.