As a matter of fact, the factory reset process deletes all the personalized settings made by you that include the username, password (passcode), network name (SSID), and security settings as well. And if you have gone through the Netgear extender setup process, then after the factory reset process, you will have to run the entire setup process again.
The factory reset process is important when you fail to recover the range extender's admin name and password.
Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender using the Reset button:
- Verify that your Netgear extender’s power light is on. It should be properly plugged in.
- Now, locate the reset hole on your extender. It is usually located on the back panel of your extender.
- Next, grab a paper clip or pin.
- Insert it into the reset hole.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Release it after that.
Your extender resets successfully.
Reset the Netgear WiFi range extender using its web user interface (some models):
- Log in to your WiFi range extender.
- Your web browser will display the 'Menu' icon. If yes, then please click on it.
- The extender menu will be displayed.
- Select the 'Settings' option after that, 'Other' and then 'Reset'.
- A confirmation screen will appear.
- Confirm your decision here.
Your range extender resets successfully.
Steps To log in to your WiFi range extender:
- In the first place, you have to launch a web browser from a device (computer or laptop) that is properly connected to your range extender’s WiFi network.
Note: Your existing WiFi router and Netgear range extender might have different SSIDs (wireless network name). Please verify that you are only connected to your extender’s WiFi network.
- If your extender and the router use different SSIDs, type mywifiext.net into the address field of an internet browser.
Note: If you are facing mywifiext.net login, then type 192.168.1.250 (default IP address of your range extender) into the browser's URL bar field. Only if your router and the extender use the same WiFi network name (SSID).
- Click the Enter key on your keyboard.
A login page will appear.
Type your created or default admin username and password/passkey.
Note: If you have forgotten or lost your login credentials, then reset your Netgear extender back to factory default values.
- Click on the Log In button.
Now, the Status page will display.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon.
The extender menu will display.
- Here, you can select the 'Settings' to view and adjust the settings of your WiFi range extender.
If you are still facing issues in accessing and logging into the mywifiext.net setup and login page, then make sure that the firmware on your device is of latest and up-to-date technology.
How to update Netgear extender firmware
- Go to your computer or a laptop.
- Connect it with your range extender's WiFi network.
- Launch a web browser onto your connected device.
- Log in to your Netgear range extender.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon.
Your range extender menu will display. Here, you have to access the Netgear extender firmware update page:
- On most Netgear models, select the 'Settings' option and after that, 'Firmware Update'.
- In case that option is not visible, then select the 'Maintenance' option and then 'Firmware Upgrade'.
- Click on Check or Check Online option.
If the new firmware is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update the Netgear extender's firmware with the latest version.
Note: Dear customers, please note this down that we provide instant technical support for all Netgear devices. If you still have any concerns, do ask our highly-qualified technicians for Netgear support at toll-free number 1-844-697-8376.